Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
SouthJoJaHog
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine done, but it didn't make much a difference to me. Of course it might be due to my size (6'4"/270#). I finally got a Mustang Super Touring and it fit my fat a$$ much better.

Originally Posted by avonflhtk
All you guys who have had your stock seats modified by MCC, did you notice any difference in the comfort level? I like the stock seat on my Ultra, but I would just like to be an inch or two lower, not closer, but I don't want it to be uncomfortable.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:22 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ecupirate
How much was the gator skin mod? That is sweet!
It depends on the seat you have and if you want the backrest and tour pack done to match, still a lot cheaper than a new seat and it gives the seat a real custom look.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by avonflhtk
All you guys who have had your stock seats modified by MCC, did you notice any difference in the comfort level? I like the stock seat on my Ultra, but I would just like to be an inch or two lower, not closer, but I don't want it to be uncomfortable.
Thanks for posting this question. I'm looking to do something with my seat as well.

Originally Posted by SouthJoJaHog
I had mine done, but it didn't make much a difference to me. Of course it might be due to my size (6'4"/270#). I finally got a Mustang Super Touring and it fit my fat a$$ much better.
BadX, please address this as to the possible reasons "it didn't make much a difference".

Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511

BadX, please address this as to the possible reasons "it didn't make much a difference".

I really have no idea what could be wrong. He is more than welcome to call us and we'll find out what we did, the problem he is experiencing and will be more than happy to make changes to the seat.

A guess would be a shot in the dark. There are 3 people who do the actual seat work on the seats and we discuss each seat before we ever start on them. Sometimes people want their riding position changed in the incorrect way and instead of listening to us they insist on going lower or having their riding position moved to far back and that will make it uncomfortable. Anybody who has ever actually came to the shop and see how much the sitting area is actually reshaped find it hard to believe that some people say they cannot tell anything changed just by all the reshaping done. Our phone number is no secret 866-550-SEAT(7328) and I always welcome emails allen@meancitycycles.com I want every customer happy and that's the bottom line but I have learned there are some people who no matter what you do you will never make them happy. I am not saying this is the case of this person and I don't know why he never called to discuss any problem he was experiencing.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM
cliffjump
Novice

had my 2011 road glide ultra seat done .it looks perfect you can't tell anyone touched it but now i can sit on it all day during a long ride with no butt burn. with the stock after about an hour my *** was burning

Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen did two seats for me. One prior to a coast to coast ride. If I had my stock seat I wouldn't have made it but a few hundred miles a day before numb@ss would set it.

Heading out of Vegas my buddies bike broke down in Kingman, Arizona. Lost his stator. Local HD shop were champs but we lost seven hours of riding. We had a schedule to keep and the next day rode 872 miles from Winslow (no, there weren't no girls in flat bed Fords) to east of OKC in a day. Four states, two times zones, and 872 miles on a MCC seat and never, not once, did I get close to being uncomfortable.

Tell Allen what you want then listen to what he recommends. The last part is critical. He makes seats every day. We buy one or, if we make a mistake, two per bike. Listen to Allen. He'll fit you into the best saddle you've ever sat your @$$ in.

My (experienced) $0.02

Last edited by CW4_131A; 03-04-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I misspelt sum wards
Old 03-06-2012, 05:43 PM
2d3k2h
Cruiser
Thumbs up mmc seats

I had a Sundowner seat done....tripple memory fome for the wife,single in the front.If i had to do again(I'm close by them)I would double foam front and move be back 1".When I got the seat back I thought those Ba@!#$%^ didnt do anything to the seat it looked stock.Took about 150 or so miles to loosen up....WIFE loves her seat and can snooz on long trips.I'll prob go down and have mine adjusted sometime soon but for now it's a great seat.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BadX
I really have no idea what could be wrong. He is more than welcome to call us and we'll find out what we did, the problem he is experiencing and will be more than happy to make changes to the seat.

A guess would be a shot in the dark. There are 3 people who do the actual seat work on the seats and we discuss each seat before we ever start on them. Sometimes people want their riding position changed in the incorrect way and instead of listening to us they insist on going lower or having their riding position moved to far back and that will make it uncomfortable. Anybody who has ever actually came to the shop and see how much the sitting area is actually reshaped find it hard to believe that some people say they cannot tell anything changed just by all the reshaping done. Our phone number is no secret 866-550-SEAT(7328) and I always welcome emails allen@meancitycycles.com I want every customer happy and that's the bottom line but I have learned there are some people who no matter what you do you will never make them happy. I am not saying this is the case of this person and I don't know why he never called to discuss any problem he was experiencing.
I've messed around with other things this winter and now it's time to do some riding, but I will be giving you guys a call in the near future. Thanks, Mike

Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Stash905
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KennyMay
Guess im wayy outta line here... IM sorry for offering my opinion and advice on this public forum. im done here, f*** i was implying that he could support A SHOP LOCAL TO HIM. I have no idea where your WAL MART comment is coming from pal.
WTF? No Kenny, as far as I am concerned, you are not out of line. I too was going to suggest the same as you. I am sure that there are independent shops all over the country that work on mc seats. There is an outfit here on LI called phoenix that does both auto upholstery and mc seats. As far as the Walmart comment, I can' t figure that one out either. He needs to get on decaf.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 AM
driftdiver
Intermediate

Had my seat done by Alan and his crew. One of the best mods you can get for the money. Great job at a really good price. You well be happy with the results when you have it done by profesionals.

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycles seat?