Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a set of these too. Loved having fork deflectors on the Heritage but figured all that turbulence wouldn't be an issue on a Limited. I was right in that it's nowhere near as bad as on the Heritage, but I sill do get some cross-winds up around the face and neck area. It's nice having that calm pocket of air around the eyeballs so we'll see how these work. Anybody tried them on a '14 Limited yet? Curious to know thoughts.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:05 PM
leadermc
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Option for Air Flow

Originally Posted by Elqueso2
Great Post and had a couple questions I didn't see anyone ask.
1. Do they block or limit the airflow through the lower's vents?

2. I ride in the heat, so without that airflow (which I hate) does it seem any hotter behind the fairing? I also take my lowers off in the summer, so it looks like it still does the job without the lowers on. Just wondering about the heat, because it can get pretty hot behind that fairing.

3. It's the engine running any hotter with the deflected air? Anyone see a temp increase?

I have them (HD brand) on my RoadKing and they work great for the winter, but too hot in the summer.
Just thought I'd mention - since your concerns are similar - that you might want to check out the Desert Dawgs Rain/Wind guards. They are easily removable, also allow air through the engine: http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/harl...n-rain-guards/

Old 05-05-2014, 01:39 PM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruin08
Yeah, I would have rather purchased the HD ones, but since they say they don't fit with lowers, I'm not going to bend them up and everything else when I can buy a pair that fits with lowers on. Don't know why HD dosent have a set that will fit with lowers being they have a couple of bikes that comes from the factory with lowers. Not to mention they arent carried in the store so they are a special order and that means if they dont fit they charge you a restocking fee.

I have a yellow bike so black wouldnt really blend in. I just went ahead and got the chrome ones, they wont look terrible. I'm buying them because I want to get that wind out my face and head and chest.

Don't believe everything your dealer or the accessory book says, they do fit and you don't have to bend them in order to clear the lowers.

The mounting holes are slotted horizontally to allow for it.

Attached Thumbnails Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-img_4739.jpg   Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-img_4751.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like I will get a set of these in raw steel and just powder coat in wrinkle black to match the rest of my bike. I'm all for wind but what comes up underneath the tank can drive me crazy especially on those long cross country trips I like to take.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 PM
UltraDuff
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I bought a set of the black ones for my 2010 Ultra last December. Had some questions and Joe called me right back. Great guy to work with.

They work very well. They cut down about 90% of the wind you get from below the tank hitting you in the face. It's a significant reduction in wind blast.

It's now getting hot out here in AZ and it's nice not getting hit with the heat blast as much. Great product. Just two bolts on each side of the lower fairing mount and they're on.

My $.02.

Duff

Old 05-05-2014, 07:17 PM
GSHOG
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For anyone who is interested I have a set of chrome deflectors that I used on my 2009 Ultra Classic for sale, used about six months, excellent condition, $90 plus shipping. A couple of pictures attached. Send me a PM if interested.
I now have a 2014 Limited and they will not fit this bike.
Thanks, Steve.

Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-deflector.jpg

Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-deflector1.jpg

Last edited by GSHOG; 05-05-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:41 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 425 Likes on 302 Posts

Had the chrome ones on my '93 Classic. Ugly. Took 'em off.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I've had the Kuryaken version for a few years. They have slide vents to allow airflow in warm weather. I like the look and the vents work. Not as thick or sturdy as HD version, but they are fine.

Attached Thumbnails Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-p7100-008-large-999-2-.jpg  

Last edited by golfblues; 05-06-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I just put a set of the HD fork deflectors on my '13 SG and, like the others who vouched for thee things, can say it blocks 90-95% of the head buffeting/wind noise around the ears. The new HD design looks slightly less ugly, but only slightly, but they work so they will get pc'd and stay on. I also thought maybe the mid frame deflectors would help but found that not to be the case, and will also be testing the fairing deflectors to see if it cuts it down any further.
+1 for the fork deflectors.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine finally came in and they came in just in time for me to really test them. I had wind gusts at approx 20mph and stead windy at atleast 16mph. With a tall enough windshield, hard lowers and these it was an enjoyable ride compared to how I was riding all day without them. The buffeting was bad, I couldnt ride to where I wanted to go, I had to turn around due to the buffeting being so bad. They may not be the best looking item I added to my bike, but they dont look as bad as I thought they would have looked. They will not be coming off. These are a must have if you want the best wind protection.

As far as the Harleys one fitting and not fitting according to the parts book, these are a special item order for my HD which means once I order them and if they dont work I will be chagred 20% restocking and store credit only. Not worth it. I would rather just buy ones that say for sure they will fit and if not I have a leg to stand on with getting a full refund. If they fit, HD needs to change their manual to say such to get more sales since these things seem to be pretty consistent with people saying they do what they say they do unlike most items out there for wind protection its all about personal opinion or dosent make that huge of a difference. I would have to say these and a LRS Windshield make the biggest difference in wind protection for the face and chest area.

One last thing, I also have the dish that goes between the forks. I didnt notice a difference if any by adding this, but there is a big amount of bigs on the underside of the dish so it must be blocking some air.

Last edited by Bruin08; 05-09-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic