Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Just an idea, buy the black ones and then have them powder coated to match your bike.
I would buy the unfinished version and have painted to match

Old 08-14-2013, 10:47 AM
IAmConverted
Cruiser

Actually there's no need for me to change the color. With the black lowers they just disappear into the bike.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Elqueso2
Cruiser

Great Post and had a couple questions I didn't see anyone ask.
1. Do they block or limit the airflow through the lower's vents?

2. I ride in the heat, so without that airflow (which I hate) does it seem any hotter behind the fairing? I also take my lowers off in the summer, so it looks like it still does the job without the lowers on. Just wondering about the heat, because it can get pretty hot behind that fairing.

3. It's the engine running any hotter with the deflected air? Anyone see a temp increase?

I have them (HD brand) on my RoadKing and they work great for the winter, but too hot in the summer. Looks like a great solution to my sun glasses "rattling" while I'm riding. Just drives me crazy always pushing the glasses tight against my face. The one post I saw regarding the "re-curve" windshield, I have a ClearView "re-curve" light smoked windshield and it helped a bit but not over 70 mph. Still get the wind buffeting my helmet and sunglasses at 80+ mph and biteme to anyone that says "Just slow down"....LOL

Old 08-14-2013, 05:12 PM
IAmConverted
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Elqueso2
Great Post and had a couple questions I didn't see anyone ask.
1. Do they block or limit the airflow through the lower's vents?

2. I ride in the heat, so without that airflow (which I hate) does it seem any hotter behind the fairing? I also take my lowers off in the summer, so it looks like it still does the job without the lowers on. Just wondering about the heat, because it can get pretty hot behind that fairing.

3. It's the engine running any hotter with the deflected air? Anyone see a temp increase?

I have them (HD brand) on my RoadKing and they work great for the winter, but too hot in the summer. Looks like a great solution to my sun glasses "rattling" while I'm riding. Just drives me crazy always pushing the glasses tight against my face. The one post I saw regarding the "re-curve" windshield, I have a ClearView "re-curve" light smoked windshield and it helped a bit but not over 70 mph. Still get the wind buffeting my helmet and sunglasses at 80+ mph and biteme to anyone that says "Just slow down"....LOL
There is a slight decrease in the air flow through the lower vents. I can tell that there is less but not a lot less. To me 70 mph feels more like 55 mph air flow through the lower vents. Also they don't remove all the air coming behind the fairing. You still get some flow between your knees and the fuel tank. Again for me 70 mph feels like what you would get at 40 mph. What is gone is the strong up-draft that shook your head/helmet so bad. Their easy to remove for those really hot days.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Elqueso2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IAmConverted
There is a slight decrease in the air flow through the lower vents. I can tell that there is less but not a lot less. To me 70 mph feels more like 55 mph air flow through the lower vents. Also they don't remove all the air coming behind the fairing. You still get some flow between your knees and the fuel tank. Again for me 70 mph feels like what you would get at 40 mph. What is gone is the strong up-draft that shook your head/helmet so bad. Their easy to remove for those really hot days.
Thanks for getting back to me and at times I scare the hell out of myself sometimes....I'm sitting there in the garage and realize the HD ones on my RoadKing should fit the Ultra....ding ding ding....LOL Granted the windshields are different, but they fit, so I"ll try them and report back. I do take them off on the summer back it does reroute a lot of the air past me and I get pretty warm at low speeds. I put one side on and it fits I did remove my lowers earlier this summer.

Attached Thumbnails Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-01612.jpg   Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-01615.jpg  
Old 05-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old thread, but.....I just plaed my order. I am also having the wind coming from over the top of the lowers and then blasting me in the face. These should help since they will block any air from passing over the lower. I tried to buy the ones from HD today, but they dont fit with lower fairings....HD needs to redo their design.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my SG...they work well and disappear in black.

Attached Thumbnails Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-sg-with-wind-deflectors.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I got some a while back but never installed them? Maybe I'll put them on??? Had some HD ones on my old RK and liked it.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:13 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I'll stick with HD.

Attached Thumbnails Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-dscf1555.jpg   Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic-dscf1554.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I would have rather purchased the HD ones, but since they say they don't fit with lowers, I'm not going to bend them up and everything else when I can buy a pair that fits with lowers on. Don't know why HD dosent have a set that will fit with lowers being they have a couple of bikes that comes from the factory with lowers. Not to mention they arent carried in the store so they are a special order and that means if they dont fit they charge you a restocking fee.

I have a yellow bike so black wouldnt really blend in. I just went ahead and got the chrome ones, they wont look terrible. I'm buying them because I want to get that wind out my face and head and chest.

Quick Reply: Black Ultra Fork Wind Deflectors ....Fantastic