Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG buffeting cured for me at least..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
dlongo8241
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acd118
I got the Klock Werks screen and have had no issues since. Do you guys think the lowers would help even more? I ride in PA and we have been lucky so far with this winter, but the temps do get down pretty far. Do you guys think that this set-up would help block cold air? Not to sound stupid, but as someone who tries to ride year round, every little bit helps.
What out a doubt the answer is "yes" lowers made a huge difference for me......pricey but worth it......

Last edited by dlongo8241; 03-05-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

This might sound odd, but I think I remember reading somewhere...Like an official HD document...That the fork baffle should be removed when operating in temperatures above ??? degrees. I guess because it deflects air away from the front jug.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
dlongo8241
Tourer

Originally Posted by rdam
This might sound odd, but I think I remember reading somewhere...Like an official HD document...That the fork baffle should be removed when operating in temperatures above ??? degrees. I guess because it deflects air away from the front jug.
I talked to the dealer and called HD customer service directly and they both advised the baffle is good to go in hot weather with no worries........They advised the baffle would come with an hot weather warning as the soft lowers due if it would be an issue. Also if you look where the baffle is mounted, it is well above the air flow of the front jug...

Last edited by dlongo8241; 03-05-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Kiwiglide
Novice

Ive tried the 7" wind splitter and adjustable deflectors too with pretty good results on my SG. That fork baffle may be worth a shot as there is still some buffeting on my lid. Anyone tried the upgrade from my current set up to adding the baffle?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rdam
I got that deflector. What is does is, stop the air that whips up the front of the gas tank and direct it down to the motor. A good thing in any temperature.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The item that did the greatest fix for me was the vented lowers. The next best is my 8" LRS Stealth windshield and then the fork baffle.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

So for a mere $1000 you can make the bike the way it should have been from the factory.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Kaz800
Advanced

subscribed

Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

Subscribed. Im not a fan of the lowers, just aint me. Not a real fan of the adjustable air deflectors either. I can tell you this though if I take my legs and put them on top of the crash bar and squeeze in towards my fuel tank there is COMPLETE CALM behind that fairing. I did it other day witha toothpick in my hand stuck out in front of my face and it sat right there. I would like to control more air on mine but I know my thoughts of deflectors and lowers are gonna limit me.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen1978
Subscribed. Im not a fan of the lowers, just aint me. Not a real fan of the adjustable air deflectors either. I can tell you this though if I take my legs and put them on top of the crash bar and squeeze in towards my fuel tank there is COMPLETE CALM behind that fairing. I did it other day witha toothpick in my hand stuck out in front of my face and it sat right there. I would like to control more air on mine but I know my thoughts of deflectors and lowers are gonna limit me.
I'd rather have the Lowers and Adjustable Air Deflectors than ride like that.

Quick Reply: SG buffeting cured for me at least..