Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Style Lowers speaker options.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stonesmith
I used the Polk DXI speakers ,Had to trim the outer ring off of the grills to make them mount flush. I think that they turned out pretty well.I dont think that the CVO grills would work because of the way the tweeters protrude on the polks. Besides even if they did fit the HD emblem would be right in front of the tweeters,kind of counter productive .
hey i noticed where you used the Polk DXi speakers im assuming the DSI650? i bought the DSI 650 s and cant figure out how to effectively mount them in the cvo box there a tad too small to hit the factory holes

Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
high price??? i just paid $35 a box for the factory CVO boxes. but ive seen them on LSHD for $25 a box.
Part #?? Thanx, I'm late to the party on this I guess.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain

Originally Posted by springer 03
Part #?? Thanx, I'm late to the party on this I guess.

57410-11 Left primed Speaker box
57419-11 Right primed Speaker box

picked my set up today

Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFHD05
hey i noticed where you used the Polk DXi speakers im assuming the DSI650? i bought the DSI 650 s and cant figure out how to effectively mount them in the cvo box there a tad too small to hit the factory holes
DXi 650 lined right up for me

Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stonesmith
DXi 650 lined right up for me
What grill did you use for your DXi 650... Any pictures?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
What grill did you use for your DXi 650... Any pictures?
check post # 11 on this thread. couple of larger pics in my albums

Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by springer 03
Is anybody making speaker enclosures for the lower fairings besides the MoCo? I am looking for aftermarket enclosures without the factory high prices.
Believe it or not the CVO speaker pods are cheaper than what's on eBay. I justed brought a set from my HD dealer for $65 out the door.

Last edited by 1sweetglide08; 04-29-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default RF Powers in the lowers

I used the RF Power series, not the shallow mount ones in my lowers. Took some simple mods and some time but that is what I was all about when i did mine. See the picture. I had to remove a small amount from the outer edges of the speaker basket mounting slots to narrow the speaker down a little to make it sit flush in the box, just a small amount of rubber like material that the basket is coated in and comes of really easy with a mid grade file, then I made a small holder on the bench to trim about half of the grill surface off. The grill laying flat on the bench facing up, just like it was mounted in the rear deck of your car, i made it so the grill would turn or spin easily with 2 small nails in the top of the bench and the grill edge stuck out over the edge of the bench enough to set my dremel with a cut off wheel so the dremel held in place and the grill turned SLOWLY, I learned the hard way if you turn or try to cut too fast ya get heat and ya know what happens when ya add heat to plastic. Did a little touch up work with the dremel on rough edges and they look really nice and sound great. AGAIN this took lots of time and tinkering, but worked out pretty good. Hope this helps
Kris

Attached Thumbnails CVO Style Lowers speaker options.-rf-in-lowers.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
I used the RF Power series, not the shallow mount ones in my lowers. Took some simple mods and some time but that is what I was all about when i did mine. See the picture. I had to remove a small amount from the outer edges of the speaker basket mounting slots to narrow the speaker down a little to make it sit flush in the box, just a small amount of rubber like material that the basket is coated in and comes of really easy with a mid grade file, then I made a small holder on the bench to trim about half of the grill surface off. The grill laying flat on the bench facing up, just like it was mounted in the rear deck of your car, i made it so the grill would turn or spin easily with 2 small nails in the top of the bench and the grill edge stuck out over the edge of the bench enough to set my dremel with a cut off wheel so the dremel held in place and the grill turned SLOWLY, I learned the hard way if you turn or try to cut too fast ya get heat and ya know what happens when ya add heat to plastic. Did a little touch up work with the dremel on rough edges and they look really nice and sound great. AGAIN this took lots of time and tinkering, but worked out pretty good. Hope this helps
Kris
you dont happen to have a side/angle pic of the grill to box do ya???

Old 03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Side view

If I had it to do all over I would have done a few things a little different, but it would have only been time saving stuff because I played around with these for a LONG time trying to figure this all out. Again, I hope this helps. Sorry as good as I have for pics right now. Grills match the unpainted boxes almost perfectly.
Kris

Attached Thumbnails CVO Style Lowers speaker options.-exhaust-and-side-of-speakers.jpg  

Quick Reply: CVO Style Lowers speaker options.