Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Dresser Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

If any one would like a set of Chrome Dresser Duals, I have a set I just took off my 2012 FLHX. Only about 8 months old. Darn near new. $299 plus shipping. I really do like the sound of these as well. I'm going to list them in the sale section soon.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
If any one would like a set of Chrome Dresser Duals, I have a set I just took off my 2012 FLHX. Only about 8 months old. Darn near new. $299 plus shipping. I really do like the sound of these as well. I'm going to list them in the sale section soon.
What are you going to replace them with?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 AM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skully1200
I am running the same setup. I like the way it sounds. Just guessing, but I think it will run better with baffles.
Very true, you're losing some back pressure and scavenging with the duals, costing you some power, and the lack of baffles certainly adds to that. Prolly sounds wicked though...

Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 AM
davidsdad
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
Very true, you're losing some back pressure and scavenging with the duals, costing you some power, and the lack of baffles certainly adds to that. Prolly sounds wicked though...
Sounds real wicked. The thing is, when you remove the baffles out of these slip ins it still leaves a reducer (for lack of words) at the end of the slip ons which helps with some back pressure. I understand it would have more power with the baffles but I am willing to give that up for the sound!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:34 PM
bwiningr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Dresser Duals & SE II Slip ons

I purchase a 2010 Limited a couple years ago and put SEII slip ons on it with the stock header pipes. I never have been happy with the sound and just put up with it since i had already spent the money.

After 2 long road trips on the bike and the wife complaining about how her right foot was getting burnt up by the heat off of the cat i decided to do something this winter.

A friend of mine who has a 2010 Limited also told me he had put on the V&H dresser dual, V&H fuel pak and stage 1 heavy breather, so after some research and his recomendation i pulled the trigger.

I just picked it up today and WOW!, it does not even sound like the same bike the SE II slip ons now have a nice throaty sound and are loud, and the heat is gone.

Just wanted to pass on this incase anyone was looking at this setup.

I am a very happy guy.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 PM
FAUVDOG
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just finished my dresser duals they sound great,cant wait to get her on the road and really hear em!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Nothing sounds better than the duals. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed them on my Roadking this winter. Love them, the bike now truly sounds like a Harley!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM
avonflhtk
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you guys are getting me all excited. I have the Dresser Duals and Monster Rounds, new in the boxes in my garage. I'm waiting to decide which air kit and tuner I want to go with before I put it all together. I can't wait!!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:45 PM
cdemarse
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by avonflhtk
Man, you guys are getting me all excited. I have the Dresser Duals and Monster Rounds, new in the boxes in my garage. I'm waiting to decide which air kit and tuner I want to go with before I put it all together. I can't wait!!
I went with the v&h vo2 naked. Its about the cheapest one u will find and works as well as any other. I like the stock AC cover so the VO2 worked out well. I did put a new AC trim piece on though. As for tuning I dont plan on doing any motor work so I went with the fl-vied-10 and couldn't be happier. Plenty of power for me and runs smooth as butta.

Quick Reply: V&H Dresser Duals