Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable Fairing Deflector and fork baffle is Kit worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012 | 07:39 AM
dlongo8241
|
Tourer
Default Adjustable Fairing Deflector and fork baffle is Kit worth it?

I searched the threads and there's info on the fork deflectors but I'm having a hard time finding info on the Adjustable fairing deflector kit. 58156-08A. Also I came across the chrome fork baffle 58520-79tc.

I have SG with Vented lowers and the 7" windsplitter windshield. will these two parts make a difference or a waste? I would like to hear the pros and cons....not sure if the fairing deflectors would like like crap on the SG, the fork baffle looks like it's pretty much hidden from what I can tell. Any advise would be great, I hate to **** more money away this bike is starting to get pricey......

Thanks DL

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-02-2012 | 08:23 AM
jackloganbill
Cruiser

I have both mounted on our 2011 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic.

The adjustable wings: I see no appreciable difference with them regarding buffeting or air management in general. Not sure how they CANNOT make any noticable difference, but they do not. Either that, or I am just too numb to notice them. Look okay though and very easy to install.

The baffle: I just installed this a month ago given the cheap price, easy install, and favorable reviews. It is hard to tell whether they make a significant difference because every ride (wind, wind direction, etc) are different. However, my seat of the pants review is that they DO make a difference in regards to dirty air coming up around the tank. Buffeting does seem to be a bit less. My only gripe: the chrome stands out like a chrome thumb. It even catches my eyes while riding. Black is better. Faster too.

Jack

Old 03-02-2012 | 08:26 AM
rwrunski
Cruiser

I went with these ones (much better price) and think they are great its nice in the heat when you can open them up, also put on the wings plus which makes a difference

http://www.freedom-wings.com/index.html

Old 03-02-2012 | 08:30 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

The Adjustable Fairing Deflectors are a must for me.
I never open them up because of the immediate head buffering when I do.

The Fork Baffle I cannot tell when it’s on or off. I’m leaving it off my CVO.
I would think there is a reason HD does not put them on anymore. Less air to the rear cylinder I would imagine.

The black one looks like it belongs on the bike.
The chrome one is just more chrome crap in a weird place.

Old 03-02-2012 | 08:52 AM
TURQ
Tourer

I just test road a 2012 street glide with and without fork baffle. Without, my sun glasses jumped all over the place. With, they stayed in place. There was still buffeting and dirty air because it still had stock windshield and no other mods. The dealer said they are not putting them on baggers with lower fairings on because of the extra heat in the summer. So to me it will be worth the $25. Plus I am having it powder coated black with some other stuff

Old 03-02-2012 | 09:54 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the fork baffle on my 11 RKC, helps a lot.

Old 03-02-2012 | 12:51 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

I've got the baffle on an Ultra. It helps a bit. To me the baffle is not so noticeable that chrome or black makes a difference.

Old 03-02-2012 | 12:59 PM
nickel dime
Cruiser

I put both on my EGC. I put the fork baffle on first and only noticed a slight difference. Then added a set of Freedom Wings like mentioned above and did notice
less wind coming from under the batwing.

Old 03-02-2012 | 01:15 PM
avonflhtk
Advanced

NO! I put the fork baffle on my '11 Ultra Limited and I noticed no appreciable difference at all. An absolute waste of money IMHO.

Old 03-02-2012 | 02:12 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Probably a waste of money on a fairing bike but on the Road King it is very noticeable.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Fairing Deflector and fork baffle is Kit worth it?