Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone serious about audio? Not happy AT ALL with j&m, what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:01 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

These videos are a MUST WATCH for anyone wanting to configure, wire, install and adjust the J&M ROKKER series audio systems for your Harley Bagger ,,,,,,

HOW-TO configure/wire 2, 4, 6 or 8 speakers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7C...4LpftUbhq26J9L ,,,,,,

HOW-TO install ROKKER series speakers/amplifiers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhfx...OhScZC_aBjl7tk ,,,,,,

HOW-TO adjust ROKKER series amplifier gain controls on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6C5M...UCt2IbqEHhEcsN ,,,,,,

Old 03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djack
mmmm i`m happy with my j&m 250 watt and rokkers, i think it sounds good and it damn sure can be loud lol
Me too!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 PM
06 Road Glider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Not on my bike. The FM radio or CD doesn't come close to how loud or clear running my Ipod with the aux input does.
What kind of cable are you running into your aux input? I started out with with a cheaper cable just to see how it would work and I'm thinking about getting a thicker cable to improve the sound quality of Pandora from my phone.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by 06 Road Glider
What kind of cable are you running into your aux input? I started out with with a cheaper cable just to see how it would work and I'm thinking about getting a thicker cable to improve the sound quality of Pandora from my phone.
I doubt very much that you'll hear any difference... I use monster cable for the most part, but if you cable is not picking up noise now I highly doubt you could hear any difference at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIF2
I'm not sure either ... but in speaking with HAT and Biketronics the Titan IIs are using Imagine series components.
Funny, audio is turning into the new "what oil is best" topic
The biketronic/HAT speakers do have a removable tweeter to mount to your dash
I have tried the following
JM 1st gen amp
ARC amp
JM 2nd gen speakers
biketronics small amp
biketronics big amp
assortment of speakers
The best sound I have got with the stock head unit is the Biketronic big amp with the Titan II/HAT speakers and hog tunes in the tourpack

This is such a subjective topic that one can only read as much info as you can on set ups and find the one that comes close to what you can afford and how your bike is set up (full windshield, room for 2nd amp, loud pipes, highway blaster or city cruiser etc, etc)

Last edited by Eric in chicago; 03-05-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you don't have to worry about blowing your speakers. or hearing them.
Just a little FYI.....

underpowering speakers will damage them much faster than too much power....

Shakey

Old 03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
LowKeyHD
Stage I
Default BluTooth into my AUX

Any of you folks tried this? Just got one, Plug this right into my aux in, no cables to the my iPhone, seem to work great so far...

http://www.miccus.com/products/blubridge-mini-jack-rx

Old 03-10-2012, 07:45 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a market for J&M but its is not for me. Their speakers are loud, but other products on the market have more warmth in how they deliver the music. I went to Biketronics and got the Hertz speakers and Sony HU which are by far the best sounding combination. I added an Elf Audio amp, and the music sounds even better. On long trips I wear hearing protection, but at 80 MPH I can still hear the music.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 PM
TIF2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by atrain68
There is a market for J&M but its is not for me. Their speakers are loud, but other products on the market have more warmth in how they deliver the music. I went to Biketronics and got the Hertz speakers and Sony HU which are by far the best sounding combination. I added an Elf Audio amp, and the music sounds even better. On long trips I wear hearing protection, but at 80 MPH I can still hear the music.
Amen to that .. loud does not mean good. It just means loud.

Where you at in Cin-City?
I'm just across the river in Lawrenceburg, IN. Come on by and I'll fire my system up over some beers. Be great to hear your system and checkout your H/U.

Ever do bike night at Quaker Steak on Colerain Ave in Colerain?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
ppalmerjr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were you able to set this up so that you could use the hand controls for IPOD and radio control?

Originally Posted by LeeH
What MCSG said...

I have an Alpine CDA 9886M head unit (Marine), Alpine PDX-4.100M amplifier, a pair of Polk 6.5" speakers in the lower fairings, Polk 6" in the upper fairing and a hog tunes tweeter add on box on the upper fairing as well. Also a pair of Polk 6X9" speakers in the saddlebags. Probably about $1000 in hardware. Can't beat the sound though, and the USB port and IPod hookups are a must, lol.

Crisp sound, good bass response even for not having subs, and I can hear it at my 80 MPH cruising speed without having to crank up the volume more than 40%. When I do crank it up, it turns heads, lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone serious about audio? Not happy AT ALL with j&m, what do I do?