Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which cams for twin cam 88

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 AM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DanDman
I guess your assuming that I'm trying to push the 203's, you know what happens when you assume. I'm offering them for a reasonable price. Anyway's I have them Tom if you want them. Do some research. A lot of cam threads on the forum.
Well not sure about that assuming thing or what happens..... but good luck selling them as they are a good cam in the right application and it is always nice to get them for a reasonable price.

Cheers!!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mike_oh
So what cams are you running? Just curious......
I have 203's. I'm going wth HQ 37's my build went in a different direction, 95", ported heads, s&s headpipes, undecided on throttlebody.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

I have 203's. I'm going wth HQ 37's my build went in a different direction, 95", ported heads, s&s headpipes, undecided on throttlebody.
Check out HPI for TB's..awesome product! Also for heads google Dan Vance Racing. He rocks!! This guy knows heads!!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Already got the heads done. Looking @ HPI or S&S for the throttle body. $ reality check, I may have to rework the stock MM. Is this a hijack?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:08 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

Already got the heads done. Looking @ HPI or S&S for the throttle body. $ reality check, I may have to rework the stock MM. Is this a hijack?
Nope....just a progression of discussion! :-)

Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tom lipke
01 carb electra glide. vance and hines mufflers. high flow breather. looking for extra grunt when riding two up. extra power for pulling those long interstate mountain grades and extra passing power between 70- 80 to get by those semi's a.s.a.p thinking either harley 204's or andrews 26.
thanks
Go with the Andrews 21, not the 26, for riding two-up; earlier torque than any other cam available. If you want to learn about how torque is made, there are plenty of sites. The earlier intake close of the 21 will make you happier than either the 203 or 26.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

I'm running the 26's in a '99 King...

I too was interested in torque for 2up ridin'.

You will be impressed with these or the 21's.

Guys I run with call my bike a "hot rod."
I know one thing.... she sure thumps when ya twist it!
Good luck with your decision.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 AM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first you have to decide where you really want the power at. To be honest when I did my cam swap a friend of mine gave me a set of 211s and a set of 204s to try. After I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I ride more by myself then with my wife I went with the 211s and I like them a lot. They have great midrange and pull good to the top. I gave the 204s to my moms husband to put in his RK and it did improve the lowend, but when we're out on the highway I can pull right away from him. When we're at a stop light he can get a little jump but thats it, I can pull right past him. It seems them 204s flatten out pretty quick' and to be honest when we're out on the highway the 204s have nothing on the 211s. Of course this is just my opinion and you'll get different ones from different guys. Asking about cam grinds is like asking what kind of oil to run.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,198 Likes on 21,817 Posts

Gotta be Woods or SE's!!
Ain't no other kind is there?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok just my experience, guess one of the five guys, five answers. Awhile back I did the SE Hyd upgrade and went with 26s. I did just like the OP, asked, researched and such. Most of my riding is at Expressway speeds and some 2up. Not a Hotrod guy but looking for more passing punch. That’s exactly what I got, nice mid to upper punch. It did not turn the bike into a tire shredding street burner but made it a really nice Highway bike. It’s the bike now, like it should have come from the factory, best description I can come up with. Go to the cam manufacture websites and compare where you want the rpms. Good Luck..

Quick Reply: Which cams for twin cam 88