Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front fender paint protection ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Front fender paint protection ?

I have had a "magnetic" front fender on my 08 FLHX since it was new. By magnetic I mean, it seems to attract every stone on the highway! I had it "repaired" twice last year, now with the complete new paint job I would like to keep it new as long as possible. I have seen the clear vinyl stick on stuff, Dura shield, Motorcycle armour etc. I even have some of that stuff on my truck. Question is , anyone have any experience with it on a fender? Any other ideas?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I plan on getting my front fender done in a few weeks by a friend who does 3m paint protection installations for a living. I've already had my upper fairing, lower fairings, the portion of the tank in front of crotch and where my thighs rub the tank, and the tops of my side covers where the seat rubs the paint. My friend custom cuts the stuff for my bike but it's not that big of a deal so any decent paint protection installer should be able to handle your fender.

My friend wrapped a whole Lambo with a satin black film last time I was over there and it looked incredible.

Go out to 3m's website in paint protection section and you should be able to find an installer in your neck of the woods. Then go to their shop and look at their work before commiting to them.