Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoei "Neotec" Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 PM
1320str8_liner
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default Shoei "Neotec" Helmet

looking for opinions "from those that actually wear FF helmets" about the new Neotec flip-up helmet by Shoei, I currently have the Quest and recently been having the urge for a nice flip-up. Shoei makes nice helmets, question is, Neotec is it worth the extra $$$?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 AM
reserve
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the HJC Symax III. Love it. I used to wear the Shoei helmets back in my sport bike days and really liked the comfort of the helmet. I'm sure its nice, but you'll pay for the Shoei name.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
PMC
Advanced

I currently wear a Multitech and tried on the Neotech at their IMS booth. When it's time I'm going to pony up the coin and get the Neotech. Shoei addressed every issue or want I have with the Multi in the Neo.
Those are:
Pinlock visor stock
More room in the chin area of the helmet - the Neo has a good bit more room up front which will make running a boom-mike that much nicer.
Removable liner
Intergrated sun visor

Overall first try comfort was really good, it just feels right. Not that I have issues with the fit of any Shoei but this one feels good my my mellon.

Is it worth close to 600 bucks, hard to say... I'd hope the price comes down some by the time I'm ready to buy.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PMC
I currently wear a Multitech and tried on the Neotech at their IMS booth. When it's time I'm going to pony up the coin and get the Neotech. Shoei addressed every issue or want I have with the Multi in the Neo.
Those are:
Pinlock visor stock
More room in the chin area of the helmet - the Neo has a good bit more room up front which will make running a boom-mike that much nicer.
Removable liner
Intergrated sun visor

Overall first try comfort was really good, it just feels right. Not that I have issues with the fit of any Shoei but this one feels good my my mellon.

Is it worth close to 600 bucks, hard to say... I'd hope the price comes down some by the time I'm ready to buy.
I have a new Neotec sitting at home that arrived this week. Havent had a chance yet to ride with it but I am very happy with the fit and weight of the helmet. I have thinner cheek pads coming from Shoei to replace the stock pads.

Planning to purchase a Scala Rider setup and am wondering about how you get a boom mike up inside these modulars or FF helmets. The Neotec is pretty snug fit in front of the chin for me.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM
PMC
Advanced

Originally Posted by hoethree
I have a new Neotec sitting at home that arrived this week. Havent had a chance yet to ride with it but I am very happy with the fit and weight of the helmet. I have thinner cheek pads coming from Shoei to replace the stock pads.

Planning to purchase a Scala Rider setup and am wondering about how you get a boom mike up inside these modulars or FF helmets. The Neotec is pretty snug fit in front of the chin for me.

I run a Scala G4 with my Multi and it's really tight.
There seems to be a bit more room in the Neo once you get past the lower liner along the bottom of the front. The Multi doesn't have anything down there which may be one reason why the Neo is suppose to be more quiet. I'd think once you get it mounted up it should work out ok. I would have preferred running the speaker wires under my liner but it isn't removable so that wasn't an option.

Good luck and enjoy

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried Shoei's but they never fit me right...i must have a wierd shaped head. Nolans are the only all-day helmet for me.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I have the daytona FF flip helmet for winter/ cold times down here in FL. and it fits good not too heavy and my intercome works with it. need the radio.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 769 Likes on 522 Posts

No indication in the op of what you ride. I had to go from a full face to a 3/4 helmet because all of the indicator lights (turn signals) on a Road King are in the center console, not up by the handle bars, and the chin bar blocked the view.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Holzarbeiter
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At 600 bucks I would seriously look at the Schuberth C3 for a few dollars more. I like Shoei but think that they are overpriced and much closer to the Nolan's that can be had for round about 300 bucks.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PMC
I run a Scala G4 with my Multi and it's really tight.
There seems to be a bit more room in the Neo once you get past the lower liner along the bottom of the front. The Multi doesn't have anything down there which may be one reason why the Neo is suppose to be more quiet. I'd think once you get it mounted up it should work out ok. I would have preferred running the speaker wires under my liner but it isn't removable so that wasn't an option.

Good luck and enjoy
Yes I would agree with the Neotec having a bit more room in the chin bar area along with the chin curtain. Shoei gives you a rubber "curtain" to replace the fabric curtain for summer riding and I suppose one could run without either. The removable liner in the Neotec will make running the ear speakers that much easier and neater install.

Quick Reply: Shoei "Neotec" Helmet