Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeling a little dumb

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:52 PM
spiker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feeling a little dumb

I looked at a thread about 'auto tuning',what is it?Keep hearing about 'maps',so I put the CD I got from Fuel Moto in my computer and nothing happens.Sure doesn't help being a dummy on a computer, so could somebody answer a couple questions please?1.Will my settings on my PCV ever go out of tune for the modes I have on the bike?2.If so would a auto tune(whatever it is)help with that situation?3.The CD I have says Powercomander lll,is it the right one? Thanks in advance-Gary

Old 02-28-2012, 01:37 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spiker
I looked at a thread about 'auto tuning',what is it?Keep hearing about 'maps',so I put the CD I got from Fuel Moto in my computer and nothing happens.Sure doesn't help being a dummy on a computer, so could somebody answer a couple questions please?1.Will my settings on my PCV ever go out of tune for the modes I have on the bike?2.If so would a auto tune(whatever it is)help with that situation?3.The CD I have says Powercomander lll,is it the right one? Thanks in advance-Gary
The PCV will not lose it's tune, don't worry about that. You do not need an auto tune, save your money. I don't want to make you feel bad but you need to learn a lot of basic stuff, like how to use a computer before you mess with a tuner. If your bike is running good I would just leave it alone. If it is running poorly then you will need to learn how to use a computer and navigate to the disk so you can install the program and also give fuel moto a call.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I can't think of an easy way to answer your questions. There are various ways of tuning a bike to improve its running, of which 'auto tune' is one. There are lots of threads on HDF on tuning bikes, but it would take a month of Sundays to read the darned things.

It is on occasions like this that a local indy comes into his own. If you feel your bike is not running at its best, visiting him in person and talking through how he can improve it will be most useful.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 AM
HammerheadC4
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with my CD for my Power Commander...

I had to go to the DynoJet website and download the software from the website.