Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable TP Parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Detachable TP Parts

I have done a little research on HD website for part numbers but as usual, it is a little confusing. If I were going to set add the quick detach hardware for my 2011 Ultra, what parts what I need? I see on HD's web site, I would need P/N 53246-09A but also P/N 70032-09 for the wiring harness. Don't I have to relocate the license plate and antennae? Any help is appreciated....

Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quick Detach Hardware

Originally Posted by JHC210
I have done a little research on HD website for part numbers but as usual, it is a little confusing. If I were going to set add the quick detach hardware for my 2011 Ultra, what parts what I need? I see on HD's web site, I would need P/N 53246-09A but also P/N 70032-09 for the wiring harness. Don't I have to relocate the license plate and antennae? Any help is appreciated....
When I traded my Deuce for the EG Classic the dealer offer the 20% discount on any accessores I purchased that day. I wanted the option of detaching the tour pak, but the sales rep pointed out I could get by with just buying the 4-point docking hardware and detach tour pak mounting bracket as opposed to buying the complete kit, which costs in the neighborhood of $550. Here's the H_D description:

Detachable Tour-Pak Rack for Electra Glide - '09-Later Models

Transform your Electra Glide model for around town cruising. This kit includes everything needed to convert the rigid-mount Tour-Pak to an easy on-and-off detachable version. Complete kit includes two-up docking hardware kit, Detachable Two-Up Tour-Pak Rack, chrome strut covers, chrome license plate holder, reflector, and AM/FM antenna relocation hardware.

53246-09A

Fits '09-later FLHTC, FLHTCU, FLHTK and FLTRU models. FLHTCU and FLHTK require separate purchase of Wiring Harness P/N 70032-09. FLTRU models require separate purchase of Wiring Harness P/N 69200181.

MSRP US $549.95

What he didn't point out was that the kit contains, among other things, the new bracket to reolcate the tag, and the correct strut covers (extra holes for the docking hardware. Didn't turn out to be a big issue for me because I put the bullet TS bar from FLHX on rear with a curved tag holder underneath and bought gloss black strut covers (instead of chrome) to work w/docking hdwe. I don't have the extra lights and put a hidden antenna inside the fairing, so I just capped and stowed my antenna wire in the starboard side cover. I've seen other posts where members have made their own harnesses.

So, long story short, if you get the kit above and the extra wiring harness for your application you won't need ANYTHING else. If you piece it together like I did, that's another story. Just depends if you've got the $$ for the big kit!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 PM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

The kit that HD sells includes tag relocation hardware but I am unsure about their solution for the antenna.
Personally, I did not like the way the tag relocation looked and did mine piece meal.
I didn't want the hassle of messing with the antenna when I pulled the tour pack so I bought J&M in fairing antennas. I also moved my tag below the tail light with Custom Dynamics LED smoked lens setup.
If you're interested I'll try and get a pic of the rear end (the bike's not mine) and show you what it looks like.
I love the way it cleaned up the rear of my UC.
HTH

-Carl

Old 02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FoghornLeghorny
The kit that HD sells includes tag relocation hardware but I am unsure about their solution for the antenna.
Personally, I did not like the way the tag relocation looked and did mine piece meal.
I didn't want the hassle of messing with the antenna when I pulled the tour pack so I bought J&M in fairing antennas. I also moved my tag below the tail light with Custom Dynamics LED smoked lens setup.
If you're interested I'll try and get a pic of the rear end (the bike's not mine) and show you what it looks like.
I love the way it cleaned up the rear of my UC.
HTH

-Carl
I am interested. Please PM a pic to me if you have or post here for all to see. Thanks!!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Crappy pic but you get the idea. All smoked lenses with LEDs. License plate below tail light with LED frame. Badlands run/turn/brake module. Most of the time I ride solo and short trips (<100 miles) so I use the Badlander seat. If I take a longer trip I use the modified stock seat and sissy bar. If the OL rides I use the stock seat and tour pack.

Attached Thumbnails Detachable TP Parts-rearend.jpg  
Old 10-26-2014, 08:34 AM
taterbum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been a while...but help please, lol

Originally Posted by HogglyWoggly
Crappy pic but you get the idea. All smoked lenses with LEDs. License plate below tail light with LED frame. Badlands run/turn/brake module. Most of the time I ride solo and short trips (<100 miles) so I use the Badlander seat. If I take a longer trip I use the modified stock seat and sissy bar. If the OL rides I use the stock seat and tour pack.
I realize it's been a few days but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Ultra tourpak relocate kit and was curious if you remember the specifics of the license plate kit you used? I like the HD kit but the LP relocation is BUTT UGLY and I don't really want to put the streetglide lightbar on my scoot to relocate that l.p.. any help would be appreciated. Mrbuggy2u3@aol.com