Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Custom Dynamics Set-up today

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:31 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the post, SoCalMike. In depth and informative. I didn't know much about Custom Dynamics, but am going to check them out with an eye towards uprading the rear lighting on my Ultra in the future. Look forward towards your future posts.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
JayRossi
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, this helped me make my decision.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

got the load equalizer monday but it was the wrong one, they sent me the 801 instead of the 801M. called them up (BIKETRONICS) & they said they would ship out the right one & put a return address label in so it wont cost me anything to return it. very nice lady i talked to on the phone & helpful.

well today i had a nice package when i got home from CUSTOM DYNAMICS with my lights & strobe in it. got everything installed (think it took me longer to open the package & clean up the garbage then it did to install everything) & set the brake strobe. i liked setting #6 the best, but thats sitting in the garage will se what i pick once i let my buddy ride it to see what they look like from a moving distance.

THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: icon_hyper:

now im working on the LEDs in the speaker adapters.

LOL if its not one thing it another

Old 03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey CHILLLS . . . glad you're happy with the LED's. Let me know how the Load Equalizer works once you get the right model. Interesting it sounded like a quick install. I and others seemed to have some difficulty fitting everything in the left side panel, so it took me awhile to sort it all out. I actually have some wire wrap I'm going to put around the wires that I have passing through the fuse block/battery box to try and prevent them from rubbing through on the sharp edges. Haven't gotten the thing back apart to do it yet, but will as soon as I get some time and the weather clears up down here.

I went with setting 4. Did you get some new lights up front? Which ones?

Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain

Nothing but good service from CUstom Dymamics. Had an issue with a piece I purchased couple yrs after buying it. Said still under warranty had new one couple of days. Good customer service.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:44 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

.....and don't forget their Plasma Rods!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
got the load equalizer monday but it was the wrong one, they sent me the 801 instead of the 801M. called them up (BIKETRONICS) & they said they would ship out the right one & put a return address label in so it wont cost me anything to return it. very nice lady i talked to on the phone & helpful.

well today i had a nice package when i got home from CUSTOM DYNAMICS with my lights & strobe in it. got everything installed (think it took me longer to open the package & clean up the garbage then it did to install everything) & set the brake strobe. i liked setting #6 the best, but thats sitting in the garage will se what i pick once i let my buddy ride it to see what they look like from a moving distance.

THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: icon_hyper:

now im working on the LEDs in the speaker adapters.

LOL if its not one thing it another

That is the bad thing about the lighting change on the newer SG/RG models. I had an 801 that I had been using for many years. The plug changed so I had to buy the new 801M. Sold the 801 so I wasn't out that much.

BTW if ya need a little help hiding that beast I can show you what I did with mine. I was able to get it up under the seat. I just need to figure out if with the way I have it routed if I can fit the strobe module before I order it.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Born2cure
Nothing but good service from CUstom Dymamics. Had an issue with a piece I purchased couple yrs after buying it. Said still under warranty had new one couple of days. Good customer service.

Almost all of their LED products carry a lifetime warranty. You can't beat that.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Hey CHILLLS . . . glad you're happy with the LED's. Let me know how the Load Equalizer works once you get the right model. Interesting it sounded like a quick install. I and others seemed to have some difficulty fitting everything in the left side panel, so it took me awhile to sort it all out. I actually have some wire wrap I'm going to put around the wires that I have passing through the fuse block/battery box to try and prevent them from rubbing through on the sharp edges. Haven't gotten the thing back apart to do it yet, but will as soon as I get some time and the weather clears up down here.

I went with setting 4. Did you get some new lights up front? Which ones?
it literally took me no more than 20 min to install everything but i already had the bag & side cover off waiting for the stuff to get here LOL. it was all plug & play.
i went with the red LEDs in the back with the red lenses (didnt like the look of the clear lenses i got) & white LEDs up front with the yellow lenses. id give you part numbers but im not by the bike, i didnt get the moon shinez cause i wasnt sure if i was going to like the clear lenses (glad i didnt).

very happy with the install & the way it turned out, now just waiting on the load equalizer. did you put in inline before the strobe or after? OH YA that thins is awesome!!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:08 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by luisan
.....and don't forget their Plasma Rods!
i will have to post some pics later but i already have LEDs going down beside each bag & the fascia piece.

Quick Reply: Ordered Custom Dynamics Set-up today