Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the Sony DSX model head unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012 | 09:51 AM
DvlDg29
|
Cruiser
Default Question for the Sony DSX model head unit

Anyone out ther running the Sony DSX model head units with the iPod tray? Wanted to know if you are able to use the Sirius app on your iPhone/iPod with this head unit. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-27-2012 | 10:15 AM
captainjack
Road Master

dont have the 4s but i would think not, instructions warn against iphone in tray, that you could possibly miss calls or cause calls to be dropped, infers that wireless signal thru tray could be disrupted, on second thought that's bluethooth and siri would be a responds thru the speakers possibly? seems like it would, sorry now realize i cant help, good question and i need to know the answer also, will replace my iphone 4 with the next update (iphone 5?)

Old 02-27-2012 | 01:45 PM
harleyfxstd
6th Gear

I listen to the pandora app with the same head unit. The only down side is that you cannot change songs going down the road, or the ipod will come on. I would think SIRIUS would be the same way. hope this helps

Old 02-27-2012 | 05:56 PM
DvlDg29
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleyfxstd
I listen to the pandora app with the same head unit. The only down side is that you cannot change songs going down the road, or the ipod will come on. I would think SIRIUS would be the same way. hope this helps
That was my thought. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2012 | 06:55 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by captainjack
dont have the 4s but i would think not, instructions warn against iphone in tray, that you could possibly miss calls or cause calls to be dropped, infers that wireless signal thru tray could be disrupted, on second thought that's bluethooth and siri would be a responds thru the speakers possibly? seems like it would, sorry now realize i cant help, good question and i need to know the answer also, will replace my iphone 4 with the next update (iphone 5?)
I think the OP is asking about Sirius satellite radio. Not Siri.

Zach

Old 02-27-2012 | 06:56 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm pretty sure my Sony DSX-S100 is satellite ready. If you have a Sirius account, why would you need to run the app on your iPhone, just use the stereo.

Zach

Old 02-27-2012 | 08:47 PM
DvlDg29
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Biggzed
I'm pretty sure my Sony DSX-S100 is satellite ready. If you have a Sirius account, why would you need to run the app on your iPhone, just use the stereo.

Zach
I was worried about there being an issue with antenna placement issue. Plus I was hoping to save the $200-$400 that the sirius adapter would cost, unless being sirius ready doesn't require the Sony adapter.

Old 02-27-2012 | 09:51 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Zach
The Sony DSX-S100/200/300 is satellite ready although the Sony Sirius adapter is required. See link below:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700SIRS...ch=sony+sirius

The app may work when connected to the external USB connection although you will not have handlebar control.

Old 02-27-2012 | 10:12 PM
captainjack
Road Master

I think the OP is asking about Sirius satellite radio. Not Siri.

Zach

confused. learned something because i knew of the module needed for the head unit but was unaware of the app, something new to try

Old 02-28-2012 | 11:19 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by pauly3
The Sony DSX-S100/200/300 is satellite ready although the Sony Sirius adapter is required. See link below:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700SIRS...ch=sony+sirius

The app may work when connected to the external USB connection although you will not have handlebar control.
Ok thanks. That makes sense now.

Zach

Quick Reply: Question for the Sony DSX model head unit