Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need new exhaust/slip on's

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need new exhaust/slip on's

I put 2" Rush slip-ons from FuelMoto back in '08 when I bought my bike. Was happy with them but decided that I (my wife actually) wanted louder pipes. I called FM and Keith sold me some different baffles for them to increase sound. Got them and pulled my pipes. Left side baffle came out and new baffle installed. Right side, let's just say its jammed tighter than a 7 lb chicken stuffed in a quart jar. Tried everything to get the baffle out and ended up bulging the housing and it's still jammed. Needless to say, that's $110 thrown to the wind. Now I'm needing new mufflers. Leaning towards a set of Rhineharts. But which one's do yall recommend? Want them loud but not obnoxious............

BTW, this isn't meant to sound like a bash on FM, so please don't take it that way. They were very helpful every time I've called them. The stuck baffle is just a result of 4 years of carbon build up I guess. It ain't coming out...........lol.

Last edited by Puggy; 02-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggy
I put 2" Rush slip-ons from FuelMoto back in '08 when I bought my bike. Was happy with them but decided that I (my wife actually) wanted louder pipes. I called FM and Keith sold me some different baffles for them to increase sound. Got them and pulled my pipes. Left side baffle came out and new baffle installed. Right side, let's just say its jammed tighter than a 7 lb chicken stuffed in a quart jar. Tried everything to get the baffle out and ended up bulging the housing and it's still jammed. Needless to say, that's $110 thrown to the wind. Now I'm needing new mufflers. Leaning towards a set of Rhineharts. But which one's do yall recommend? Want them loud but not obnoxious............

BTW, this isn't meant to sound like a bash on FM, so please don't take it that way. They were very helpful every time I've called them. The stuck baffle is just a result of 4 years of carbon build up I guess. It ain't coming out...........lol.

My Wife's Quote , i dont know what you did to those sissy mufflers but i sure like them now, i switched from Screaming Eagles to the new Rinehart 4". jd

Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed the Rinehart 3.5" slip ons and they are definitely louder than stock, but not obnoxious. Nice HD rumble when cruising and they bark when you want them to.

Best bet is to try and hear different pipes on a similar bike to yours.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Puggy
Tourer

I've got the stock header. So which would be louder, the 3.5 or 4" pipes? Thanks for the help.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
RDKNG2011
Advanced

just installed rinehart classic duels on my 2011 road king yesterday my girlfriend told me it sounded like a sewing machine before but the first time i started it with the new duels she got the biggest smile on her face and let me tell ya she wasn't the only one.. i'm so gonna get flamed for saying this but there just isn't a better looking set of pipes for a bagger then rinehart classic duels.. thats my

Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 PM
RDKNG2011
Advanced

i got 3.5 they are louder.. and imo look better.. but then again the 4 in sound much deeper and throatier just didn't care for the look.. thats your call

Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Puggy
Tourer

Update: Spoke with Keith at FM this morning. They are exchanging the baffles I bought from them last week and putting that money towards new Rhineharts (3.5" chrome with chrome tips) to be shipped this week. Once again, FM customer service is by far the best I've ever dealt with. Thanks, Keith. Looking forward to getting these put on.