Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of 11 inch Santee bagger bars on a street glide please

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
HTNHARD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$300 roughly should get you everything you need to install those. LA Choppers has a kit in the Drag Fatbook that has everything you need. I just installed the 14" Santees and I'm super impressed with the whole setup.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
James K
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wild hog
I dont have ABS on my 08 and was hoping to get away without changing out my brakeline. There are some on here that seem to only change out clutch and then some that do both? Still confused about that
There is no way stock length was going to work. You could do +4 on both and probably be fine. As far as switching the cable and brakeline, its just time, its not hard.

Dr. V-twin hooked me up on the cable and brakeline for 100.00 shipped for both.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I have them on my '07 Street Glide. I don't have any pics and right now, my entire front end is apart, so I can't snap any pics now.

Wires were plently long, no need to extend. I went with a +4 clutch and a +2 brake line. I had to do the brake line on the '07 becasue it's a hard metal brake line and there was no play in it. Got the longer clutch becasue people recomended it and I agree, it would have been a bit too tight for my taste if I left the stock length.

While I have the entire bike apart, I'm also changing the idle and throttle to +4. For $60, it was worth it while the tank is off and everything is apart. They weren't too tight, and wored fine for months, but it makes me feel better.

The bars are very comfortable compared to stock, best money I've spent so far. I found though that they blocked the mirrors, so I needed to buy new mirrors, and I didn't want the same tired old grips and levers, so that was a few more bucks.

Santee 11" Bagger Apes - $85
HD 1 Piece riser clamp - $15
Drag Poly Bushings - $12
Barnett +4 clutch cable - $50
Barnett +4 throttle cable - $35
Barnett +4 idle cable - $45
Drag +2 brake line - $115
CC Mirage Mirrors - $65
Ness Deep Cut Comfort Grips - $80
Black Brake\Clutch Levers - $30

In the end, a total handle bar make over for a total of $532, and you can get away with cheaper without the mirrors, grips or levers, but still, for $532, I think it wasn't terrible. Especially when you can do certain things one bit at a time.

I'll snap some photos when the bike is back together.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
wild hog
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Where is the cheapest place to buy the bars? I have only found them for around $115 shipped on ebay

Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM
James K
Tourer

Originally Posted by wild hog
Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Where is the cheapest place to buy the bars? I have only found them for around $115 shipped on ebay
https://www.denniskirk.com/santee/ch...prd/597205.sku

Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Lane Meyer
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James K
Hope this works.
Can you actually see out of the stock mirrors with the 11's?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM
James K
Tourer

Not as well as I would like. Just not willing to give them up yet, I like the way it looks.

Last edited by James K; 03-02-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,282 Likes on 21,834 Posts

You ain't lookin' too hard.
There's a **** load of pics if you really look.
I was gonna go with em' but changed my mind as I wanna keep my hands inside the fairing. Had em' all sent to house and all that and sent em' back.
Same as the Wild 1's.
Real happy with the Khrome Werks Sweepers + 2.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:59 PM
monumaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed

Old 03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
monumaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about some links to where u got ur part.

Originally Posted by mglax13
I have them on my '07 Street Glide. I don't have any pics and right now, my entire front end is apart, so I can't snap any pics now.

Wires were plently long, no need to extend. I went with a +4 clutch and a +2 brake line. I had to do the brake line on the '07 becasue it's a hard metal brake line and there was no play in it. Got the longer clutch becasue people recomended it and I agree, it would have been a bit too tight for my taste if I left the stock length.

While I have the entire bike apart, I'm also changing the idle and throttle to +4. For $60, it was worth it while the tank is off and everything is apart. They weren't too tight, and wored fine for months, but it makes me feel better.

The bars are very comfortable compared to stock, best money I've spent so far. I found though that they blocked the mirrors, so I needed to buy new mirrors, and I didn't want the same tired old grips and levers, so that was a few more bucks.

Santee 11" Bagger Apes - $85
HD 1 Piece riser clamp - $15
Drag Poly Bushings - $12
Barnett +4 clutch cable - $50
Barnett +4 throttle cable - $35
Barnett +4 idle cable - $45
Drag +2 brake line - $115
CC Mirage Mirrors - $65
Ness Deep Cut Comfort Grips - $80
Black Brake\Clutch Levers - $30

In the end, a total handle bar make over for a total of $532, and you can get away with cheaper without the mirrors, grips or levers, but still, for $532, I think it wasn't terrible. Especially when you can do certain things one bit at a time.

I'll snap some photos when the bike is back together.

Quick Reply: pics of 11 inch Santee bagger bars on a street glide please