Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Lower fairing speaker boxes installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:03 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job and great write up...

How do you like it?

Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 PM
fannin
Cruiser

It sounds really good, I haven't had it out of the garage yet to hear it going down the road. But the sound level is more noticeable.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:39 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

What do you think of the sound quality of the rf speakers? Have you heard any of the other high end options installed in a Harley to compare them to?

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
What do you think of the sound quality of the rf speakers? Have you heard any of the other high end options installed in a Harley to compare them to?
I have the RF speakers sound quality is good. tweeters are very loud. the bass doesn't seem to really be there on the bike. not sure why but I thought there would be more. but at 75 you can't really hear alot of bass anyways. I would say they really compare to a high end pioneer, or ken wood, but focal still takes the cake for me.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

FANNIN....
why are you not using the RF speakers grills?
is there a reason why you didnt paint the speaker boxes?

i am goint with the same speakers (fairing & lowers), just ordered the vented lowers & picked up the 6.5" boxes from the dealer wednesday. got the boxes painted (black) but after looking at the lip that they have i am thinking the RF grill might not work.

nice pics & info

thanks for your reply in advance.....Dave

Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm doing the same set set. Nice write-up and thanks for sharing.

Could you show how you run the lines? i'm not satisfied with how i run them and want to hide them more.

Second question, i'm not able now to use the speaker bracket with my speakers (RF) on Arc Audio adapter. Where i did go wrong?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 AM
fannin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
FANNIN....
why are you not using the RF speakers grills?
is there a reason why you didnt paint the speaker boxes?

I guess I should have put why I'm not using the RF grills... They don't fit! They're to big to fit recessed. So I was going to try and put them on the outside of the the box, but no go, there's no way to secure the speakers if you use the grills because theres a gap between the speaker and the grill.

I was going to have them painted but I think I'm going to wait until i have some other things to paint (stretched bags, fender etc)

Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fannin
I guess I should have put why I'm not using the RF grills... They don't fit! They're to big to fit recessed. So I was going to try and put them on the outside of the the box, but no go, there's no way to secure the speakers if you use the grills because theres a gap between the speaker and the grill.
wonder if i could use some ABS to make spacer rings to be able to use the RF grills? this sounds like a set back for my plans...DOAHHH

do you have a plan on what grills your going to use?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fannin

I was going to have them painted but I think I'm going to wait until i have some other things to paint (stretched bags, fender etc)
C'mon. The hole patterns match--you can't mount the speakers w/o mounting the speakers. Granted, you won't have a "flush" mount because of the different diameters involved.

I ran into the same issue when I installed the Infinty Reference speakesrs and bought some spacers at the local Ace hardware store--not a big deal at all.

Carl

Again, props to fanin for a great thread. You can try to shape the grilles from the aftermarket vendor to fit the openings of the CVO speaker boxes.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 02-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lowering fairing speakers are useless if you can't even hear the midbass.

Quick Reply: CVO Lower fairing speaker boxes installed