Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Hit Your Rev Limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Junior5775
I have 105,000 miles on mine did a big bore cams heads at 90,000. And i still dont need a new one... Look hitting the rev limiter is not ideal. For me the perfect shift is right before it... I dont have a tach so i have to go by the feel of the bike when racing or just letting her scream. When i had a stock bike i knew when to shift cause you can feel the loss of power and then its time to shift. But when you have head work cams bored out geared down. It will pull straight thru the rev limiter... But no one wants to hit it.... Its a loss of power and can cost ya when racing...but does happen sometimes
I use it to speed shift. It takes practice but if you shift just as it kicks in you never have to let off the throttle!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Junior5775
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooo never really thought about that... Im gonna try that!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

I almost never hit my rev limiter!

Usually I just calmly expain what it has done wrong and send it to bed with no dinner...

Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Junior5775
Oooo never really thought about that... Im gonna try that!
Acts like a stutter box. You'll be surprised how many more races you'll win.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:52 AM
x1wildone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know where my rev limiter is at , but the unnerving time was when I found it while merging on to the highway, my drive belt had just retired 2/3rds of the way up the on ramp at about 60mph.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Max96
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hit the limiter at least a couple times a season.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sallyman
How could you possibly hit your rev limiter that often? You get caught once like that and NO MORE RIDING......
There limited access roads I could do it every day if I wanted to with dense populations on the other side of the sound walls.

I think this thread is ridiculous.. I mean come on, are riders going to start bragging about drinking and driving and how they get away with it???
There are entire sections of performace car forums called "Kill Stories" that are hugely popular and 90%+ of the stories occur on the street. They are Street Racing threads.

I ride with lots of guys who drive hard, they don't hit the rev limiter everytime, and frankly the guys that say they do are full of BS.
Are you kidding me? I bet the accelerator of your car has never kissed the floor, ever. My throttle stop has been hit plenty of times and in my cars, whether 70k or 100k on the odometer, have all gone WOT countless times. Sometimes, every day. And not burn oil.

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Acts like a stutter box. You'll be surprised how many more races you'll win.
Using it like a shift light? Got any timeslips to compare the difference in ET or mph?

Last edited by Deuuuce; 03-10-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=Deuuuce;9506090]There limited access roads I could do it every day if I wanted to with dense populations on the other side of the sound walls.

There are entire sections of performace car forums called "Kill Stories" that are hugely popular and 90%+ of the stories occur on the street. They are Street Racing threads.

Are you kidding me? I bet the accelerator of your car has never kissed the floor, ever. My throttle stop has been hit plenty of times and in my cars, whether 70k or 100k on the odometer, have all gone WOT countless times. Sometimes, every day. And not burn oil.

Good for you!! Apparently you never had a relative killed by a street racer or an idiot like youself bragging about going WOT everyday????

Hope you enjoy those "hugely popular" kill stories "online" so you never have to face the family of the innocent victims..

Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Deuuce I've never ran it and NOT shifted like that. Its just second nature to me. I CAN tell you that I beat some bikes that I probably shouldnt be able too. I contribute it to riding style.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by j1mmy
most of the vehicles i have ever owned, the rev limiter involved parts flying out of the engine.. i try to keep the rpms down.
Oh man that has the whole room laughing here...Good one!

Quick Reply: Do You Hit Your Rev Limiter?