Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of a Solid 17" Hogpro Chrome Smoothie/Disk

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pics of a Solid 17" Hogpro Chrome Smoothie/Disk

Put this on the front of my 09 RK Police the other day with a fatter 140/75-R17 tire. Do not attempt to use a fatter tire because this one barely fits under the front fender. The 17" Smoothie is 14 pounds heavier than the stock wheel so I'm glad I didn't go any bigger. The quality and fit is excellent.

Slightly more steering input required but nothing to fret about. That's probably due more to the larger contact patch of the tire than the heavier wheel. Can still do fairly tight figure 8's. Braking is a tad slower, but again, nothing I can't adjust to. Not a 400 pound sport bike anyway. Nothing in the way of side wind effects that I can notice either. Very happy.

WARNING: Theses photos include excessive chrome, Kury, and other doo-dad content.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of a Solid 17" Hogpro Chrome Smoothie/Disk-img_0141.jpg   Pics of a Solid 17" Hogpro Chrome Smoothie/Disk-img_0142.jpg   Pics of a Solid 17" Hogpro Chrome Smoothie/Disk-img_0143.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice lookin' wheel. Never liked the Street Glide wheel on a police Road King anyway. It should be easy to keep clean too.

Have you considered removing the front bumper? Makes the front end look lighter, IMHO.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by one-up
Nice lookin' wheel. Never liked the Street Glide wheel on a police Road King anyway. It should be easy to keep clean too.

Have you considered removing the front bumper? Makes the front end look lighter, IMHO.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum where I like the look of a heavy/chromed front end to match the rest of the heavy/chromed bike. Kind of like a warthog or a tank coming at you.

I know that's a far from popular trend, but that's the great thing about Harley's - so many looks for so many folks.

More importantly, I can't say enough about the good folks at Hogpro. Great, informative customer service which is getting hard to find these days.

Ride safe all,
Murph