Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fosgate PBR300x2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emdog
Hey Chillls. How easy is the RF300x2 to hook up?? Do you have to purchase a wiring harness or anything or is it pretty close to plug and play? I have hawg wired sx 5 1/4" 2 ohm speakers now and just want a little more push out of those... but I'm pretty much a greenhorn when it comes to setting up audio. Thanks.
it was pretty straight forward. i already had the power & ground wires but picked up some 16g speaker wire when i picked up the amp. very very easy install i think. you take your speaker wires from the deck that go to the speakers & hook them up to the input side of the amp & then run some new speaker wire over to the speakers from the amp. you dont need to run a turn on wire all you need is a power & ground.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Emdog
Hey Chillls. How easy is the RF300x2 to hook up?? Do you have to purchase a wiring harness or anything or is it pretty close to plug and play? I have hawg wired sx 5 1/4" 2 ohm speakers now and just want a little more push out of those... but I'm pretty much a greenhorn when it comes to setting up audio. Thanks.
it was pretty straight forward. i already had the power & ground wires but picked up some 16g speaker wire when i picked up the amp. very very easy install i think. you take your speaker wires from the deck that go to the speakers & hook them up to the input side of the amp & then run some new speaker wire over to the speakers from the amp. you dont need to run a turn on wire all you need is a power & ground.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Emdog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
Thanks Chillls! I think I can handle that.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
mrwatson75
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy has these back in stock for 169
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ROCKFORD...item43adfd99f9

Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 AM
SGFlash
Cruiser

Thinking about going this route. I have the 5 1/4 J&M's.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This amp is the bomb!

Just installed the RF 300X2 in my wife's ride and it has to be the best bang for the buck every for a two channel set up. She has the original J&M 7.25 speakers. I had the head unit set at half and the amp set at half and the neighbors a block away heard it clearly with no distortion. I ended up setting the gain at 4 allowing the Head Unit to go to about 70%...which basically had my ears bleeding and clear as day. The Original J&M really lacked any bass but they are really pushing air now. Won't hear in on the freeway but fun in the garage. My ROKKERS with ROKKER amp have much more depth and midrange, but I bet it's only because of the speakers...this amp is a must have if you are going two channel and the price is awesome.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
SGFlash
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
This amp is the bomb!

Just installed the RF 300X2 in my wife's ride and it has to be the best bang for the buck every for a two channel set up. She has the original J&M 7.25 speakers. I had the head unit set at half and the amp set at half and the neighbors a block away heard it clearly with no distortion. I ended up setting the gain at 4 allowing the Head Unit to go to about 70%...which basically had my ears bleeding and clear as day. The Original J&M really lacked any bass but they are really pushing air now. Won't hear in on the freeway but fun in the garage. My ROKKERS with ROKKER amp have much more depth and midrange, but I bet it's only because of the speakers...this amp is a must have if you are going two channel and the price is awesome.
What excactly do I need to install? Any helpful suggestions?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SGFlash
What excactly do I need to install? Any helpful suggestions?
tools to get the fairing off, about 3'-4' of speaker wire, 10 gauge wire to get to the battery & yur done
very simple to install. you dont need the turn on wire it automaticly does it through the speaker wire coming from the deck.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
tools to get the fairing off, about 3'-4' of speaker wire, 10 gauge wire to get to the battery & yur done
very simple to install. you dont need the turn on wire it automaticly does it through the speaker wire coming from the deck.
I would add 30amp fuse for the power, velcro to attach the amp to the top of the radio. Also some fittings to attach to the speakers.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
I would add 30amp fuse for the power, velcro to attach the amp to the top of the radio. Also some fittings to attach to the speakers.
& some ear plugs....cause by the end of your first ride with it your ears are going to be HURTIN

Quick Reply: Fosgate PBR300x2