Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Demons

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
jbmss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat Demons

Im planning on installin heat demons on my 2012 roadking and was wondering if there is enough slack in the wire for the T.B.W. so i can pull the twist grip part out to install the heat demon heater sleeve on the throttle side any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 540 Posts

Not sure about the lack in the wires.

As of now, it can be done, but kind of a pain in the azz! Some folks had to rim out the ID of the bars to get them to fit. (If you have the
TBW.)

FYI

I spoke w/ Heat Demons acouple of months ago. They are working right now in R&D to develop a "new" Heat Demon for the TBW.

They are trying to get it out later this year.

YB

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 02-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
williamfrog
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

Just did them on a 08 Street Glide .There is a connection outside of the bars for the TBW. Road King should be the same. Need to disconnect so you can pull on throttle piece to get to the Green connector. Wiring of the Demons is easy. I even ran the main power wire inside the bar, they tell you to do this external but it worked very well.
They give You a great fish to put the wires in the bars. Been using them and yes they work great.

The stock bars did not need reamed , my Khrome Werk sweepers did.The stock bars were no problem.

Last edited by williamfrog; 02-20-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by williamfrog
Just did them on a 08 Street Glide .There is a connection outside of the bars for the TBW. Road King should be the same. Need to disconnect so you can pull on throttle piece to get to the Green connector. Wiring of the Demons is easy. I even ran the main power wire inside the bar, they tell you to do this external but it worked very well.
They give You a great fish to put the wires in the bars. Been using them and yes they work great.

That's GREAT news!!!

I will look into this for myself as well!

Thanks WF!

YB

Old 02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 09 has plenty of slack. Andy you only have to worry about reaming the bars out on the aftermarket bars like wild one 575's. Stock bars and other 1" bars are not a problem. It is the 1 1/4" bars that press the extra metal to the inside where there is not enough space.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, yeah, put some pictures up. I want heated grips but am reluctant to go with the OEM due to complaints about failures.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ran them on my 09 i wouldnt recomend them if your clutch side grip glues on.. it will heat up enough to break the glue down...did mine even with the glue they give you in thier kit. did with my avons

Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
I spoke w/ Heat Demons acouple of months ago. They are working right now in R&D to develop a "new" Heat Demon for the TBW.

They are trying to get it out later this year.
Interesting. I just spoke to them a week ago about using Heat Demons with Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars with my 2011 RGC, and they didn't mention anything about the new upcoming TBW Heat Demons. All they told me was that I needed to mill out the right grip side of the bars to 0.875" diameter and 6.0" deep. Paul Yaffe charges $50 do mill out the bars, so I was going to pay it and have them do it before shipping. Would the new TBW Heat Demons not require that bars to be milled out?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I remember in the fairing I unplugged the t.b.w.connector in the fairing and it then allowed me to pull it out of the bars to do what I had to do. The heat deamon instructions actually tell you to do that.
Second thought maybe it was the service manual that told me how to do that. I can't remember. But don't just yank on it without doing that.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tek74
Interesting. I just spoke to them a week ago about using Heat Demons with Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars with my 2011 RGC, and they didn't mention anything about the new upcoming TBW Heat Demons. All they told me was that I needed to mill out the right grip side of the bars to 0.875" diameter and 6.0" deep. Paul Yaffe charges $50 do mill out the bars, so I was going to pay it and have them do it before shipping. Would the new TBW Heat Demons not require that bars to be milled out?
Tek74,

It was back on Nov 30th, 2011.

Hopefully it will here by next fall.

YB

Quick Reply: Heat Demons