Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Road King Custom quit while riding

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Joboo1966
My carbeurated EVO would never do this....dontcha wish Harley would have just built on the EVO platform and not installed all this modern pain in the *** computerized bs? I mean jeeeeeez they could have kept the carbs....and modified the engine some and still produced a very fast powerful carb'd driven machine everyone would have been happy with....I am not knocking the bike itself for the record I am knocking the MOCO.......the relentless pursuit of technology to stay current and viable in a market driven by jap bikes and victorys (yuck) has put lots of good looking bikes on the road with parts destined to leave us stranded on the side of the road......... For what we spend on our machines they should be reliable and if they cant be it seems like the MOCO's duty to us its customers to make them so....The design of the EVO engine was dependable and strong Im just saying they could have built on it for another generation or two and perfected the damn ECM , etc before they put them out there right?
There's only one reason Harley used the "computerized BS": Because the federal government and its bureaucratic ideologues, through fiats, made them (and other manufacturers).

It doesn't matter if its John Deere, Honda or Ford. Government has created not only ridiculous mandates for engine manufacturers, they've created hardships on end users and their wallets, too.

Ford just announced that it is discontinuing their Ranger truck line because it will not meet the mileage guidelines coming next year.

As always, the crux of the woes ailing America can always be traced back to government...

Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I love my carb. Thank you.