Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTune speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: HogTune speakers

I had mine for service and the 25 degree injector upgrade, the dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I ask about the radio software upgrade. He said he did not have it and had never did one. If you ask the dealer should do the up grade FREE. I went to Harley’s site and downloaded the upgrade and did it myself. So far I have only got up to the 8.9 upgrade. I have read some things on this forum that the 8.11 has caused problems. Can any one confirm this or tell me what the 8.11 actually does and if I need it.

As for the Hog Tunes speakers, this was one of the best up grades I have made............ If you have a radio you must have this. Thanks Pez.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:02 PM
GermanyBert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ICEMANNN

Do we have to upgrade 2007 models ???
Dunno, but if you go the the link it will show you how to check the version of software on your radio. If you already have the most up-to-date version then there is no need to upgrade.

Here is what the instructions say:

Check your current software version just to make sure that your radio software does need to be updated.
1. Turn your radio on and select FM mode.
2. Turn the ignition key switch to OFF.
3. Press and hold any two soft keys (the numbered buttons on the face of your radio, see Figure 1) and then turn the ignition key switch to ACCESS.
4. Continue to press the soft keys until "Diag Test" is displayed in the middle of the screen (see Figure 2).
5. Press soft key 4, labeled "Software."
The software version number is listed twice and is preceded by the letter “v,” such as “v7.4.0.” If this number is lower than 8.9.0, you should proceed with the software update.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't heard of a dealer charging for the upgrade on the software. Should only take about 5 minutes. They plug the cd into your radio and push a few buttons...There are several threads posted on the do it yourself. This link covers it pretty well:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_983419/tm.htm

Old 12-19-2006, 05:14 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

For one that Night Glide is the bomb. One question for Pez, I would like to upgrade my speakers on my 07 SG. Would it be better with your amp pushing the speakers in the front, seeing I have no desire to put speakers in the back. Thank for the help. After x-mas present to my self very soon, lol.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to upgrade my radio right now for the ride home from work. I'll post the results/differences when I get home.

I've still got the stock speakers, so I don't know if I'll see any real difference but we'll find out!

Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

Well, the upgrade went without a hitch. Very easy to do. I have noticed that with the radio at half volume I can hear it about as well as I could before at 80 mph. The difference is that before I had to have the volume at about 3/4 to really hear the tunes. I start hearing no difference in sound output now at about 3/4 volume while before it would level out at about 7/8. Of course, all this is with the stock speakers.

I bet with the HogPro speakers I'll continue to notice volume increase all the way up.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Harleypaw
Tourer

Now order the Hog Tunes, you won't regret it.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Toyman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these Hog Speakers about the best available or is there something else worth looking into?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Just read the above post. I have them and agree with everyone else. They are the best for the money and the service is unbeatable!!
This is a purchase you will never regret.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:43 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

I finally put in the amp this past weekend and what a difference. I only have front hogtunes but damn what a nice difference.... You need to read the warning on the back of the install documents tho. As for the wiring it says to run under the tank but I raised mine up and ran in in the plastic channel with the other wires. niceand clean.

Quick Reply: HogTune speakers