Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III installed and working, but........

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Nim001
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC III installed and working, but........

Installed PC III USB with the proper download map from Power Commander over the weekend without a hitch. Tried it out in 8 Celsius (46.5) degree weather on Saturday afternoon. I have a few questions since I am still an amateur.

First, FLHTCI 2006, Stage I SE Air Filter, SE Mufflers, and of course, the good old HD Stage I download (GARBAGE).

I noticed in September when the weather started getting cooler here in Montreal, Canada, that the bike started actually running better. Less "Popping", less backfire etc....but still felt like something was holding it back.

Installed the PC III the past weekend, tried it out, and felt better, much better. But, was this because of the cooler air or actually the PC III making the difference?

When I first started it up, let it warmed up a bit in the garage, gave it a good twist of the handle, and it missed at about 1500-2000 RPM, as it had before the PC III. Missed meaning hesitation, no response, flat spot, until it got over that threshold. After 1/2 hour of riding, the "Missing" went away. The bike even smelled different. The gas being burned smelled different. Was I dreamin'.....???

My question to all the more knowledgable people on this Forum is: Is this any kind of indication that what I felt "By the seat of the pants" Saturday, going to also be the case when the summer heat comes in 2007, or will I have to re-program or "Touch up" the PC III for the different temperatures that we receive here in the great white north, or will the PC III take care of that for me?

I assume the "MISSING" area in 1500-2000 could be an indication of "BEING LEAN" and might have to be touched up a bit when summer comes around?

Sorry, not too many DYNO places here in Montreal that I know of.

Any help is appreciated for this newbie.

Thx

Old 12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PC III installed and working, but........

You will benefit from a dyno tune...try Picotte in Granby!

Old 12-19-2006, 10:57 AM
buscop
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PC III installed and working, but........

BountyHunter, know of any good Dyno tuners in the GTA??? for my '07 Ultra...