Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony Head Unit & Hawg Wired Kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 PM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elPrez
Does it not work at all through the inside tray or just doesn't display?
Does not work at all through the tray as you cannot switch the input to Pandora using the head unit.

Originally Posted by captainjack
Pauly3 thanks for the compliment; cost 80.00 for standard gauges 100.00 for CVO types. done by gaugeledmods.com great guy quick turn around, multiple color options.
I may do it, just have no patience with not being able to ride for a few weeks. Down here in South Texas we are lucky to have year round riding weather!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
milleda31
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elPrez
Does it not work at all through the inside tray or just doesn't display?

Does not work at all through the tray as you cannot switch the input to Pandora using the head unit.

I believe the 300 series that includes Bluetooth audio would allow Pandora to work while the Iphone is in the tune tray. Pandora would play over the Bluetooth Audio source and the Iphone Itunes would play over the Internal USB source. Switching between them would be accomplished by pushing the right handlebar control button.

I don't think the 200 series has a Bluetooth audio connection and would not work in this manner.

Then again, I might be completely wrong as I don't have an Iphone...

Old 02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by milleda31
Quote:
I believe the 300 series that includes Bluetooth audio would allow Pandora to work while the Iphone is in the tune tray. Pandora would play over the Bluetooth Audio source and the Iphone Itunes would play over the Internal USB source. Switching between them would be accomplished by pushing the right handlebar control button.

I don't think the 200 series has a Bluetooth audio connection and would not work in this manner.

This may be true with the 300 series as yes it does have BT. You can switch between inputs as you stated, just not sure you can tell it to begin playing Pandora when switching to the BT source. May be worth a test by someone who has a 300 series DSX unit.

You are correct the 200 series does not have BT.

I was about to bite the bullet and get the 300 series although I couldn't justify the additional $175.00 when I will be using an iPod classic in the tune tray and my iPhone through the front USB jack only when I want to hear Pandora. I setup my playlists on the iPod classic so I just jam those!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by milleda31
Quote:

Sorry duplicate posting.

Last edited by pauly3; 02-22-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Duplicate Posting!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
milleda31
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pauly3
This may be true with the 300 series as yes it does have BT. You can switch between inputs as you stated, just not sure you can tell it to begin playing Pandora when switching to the BT source. May be worth a test by someone who has a 300 series DSX unit.

You are correct the 200 series does not have BT.

I was about to bite the bullet and get the 300 series although I couldn't justify the additional $175.00 when I will be using an iPod classic in the tune tray and my iPhone through the front USB jack only when I want to hear Pandora. I setup my playlists on the iPod classic so I just jam those!
True, I didn't think of that. One would have to start Pandora on the IPhone then put it in the tune tray. This would be problematic with Pandora having the tendency to hang, (Verizon 3G). The question is if the Iphone can output two audio sources at the same time. Pandora over the Bluetooth audio and Itunes over the USB connection. I'm thinking probably not...

I have an Ipod classic in the tune tray and my Droid X over the Bluetooth audio which works fine.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
loudpipe
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just installed pbr300x4 and sounds great

Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by loudpipe
just installed pbr300x4 and sounds great
Which speakers did you install?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 PM
bandit5001
Cruiser

I was looking at the 300 bt and was wondering if my phone will fit in the tray I have a htc evo and do they make any adapter for the android phones to plug into the tray or do u have to use the bluetooth or front usb

Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by bandit5001
I was looking at the 300 bt and was wondering if my phone will fit in the tray I have a htc evo and do they make any adapter for the android phones to plug into the tray or do u have to use the bluetooth or front usb
My iPhone 4S fits in the tune tray without my Otterbox case. The tune trays are for iPod/iPhone and USB jump drives. I don't believe you can connect the Android phones to the system via USB. You can though stream audio using BT.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pauly thanks for the info...picked up the Dsx 200 head unit for $99 and now will get a hold of drago for the hawgwired kit.

Quick Reply: Sony Head Unit & Hawg Wired Kit Install