Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony Head Unit & Hawg Wired Kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:43 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 477 Likes on 328 Posts

Wonder how it would sound without the RF Amp? I hate the stock radio in my 05, right channel cuts in and out after about 20 minutes of usage. I 'd like to try without the amp to begin with then add it as cash permits...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by bubdifab
you have to buy the hawg wired stuff from hawg wired (unless someone here is selling it or you can find a deal on ebay)

http://hawg-wired.com/catalog.php?cPath=51

the radio only was purchased from crutchfield.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158DSX2...r=FFBrand|Sony
Found the Hawg Wired kit here for $199 and free shipping:
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...0_p/689599.htm

Read next post and order at your own risk...

Last edited by elPrez; 02-20-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mixter
You just bought the stereo from
Crutchfield? Or do they sell the hawg weed stuff too?
Just the stereo is from Crutchfield! They don't sell Hawg Wired stuff.

Originally Posted by elPrez
Do not purchase your HW kit from there. They don't have it in stock and they are dependent on getting it from their distributor (Custom Chrome) so it's 2 middlemen.

Get it from Frank Drago! He orders directly from HW and they will drop ship it to you. I ordered mine on Monday and got it on Wednesday directly from them. He can be contacted at (815) 765-1790.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by pauly3
Just the stereo is from Crutchfield! They don't sell Hawg Wired stuff.

Do not purchase your HW kit from there. They don't have it in stock and they are dependent on getting it from their distributor (Custom Chrome) so it's 2 middlemen.

Get it from Frank Drago! He orders directly from HW and they will drop ship it to you. I ordered mine on Monday and got it on Wednesday directly from them. He can be contacted at (815) 765-1790.
Good to know, thanks.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Read next post and order at your own risk...
elPrez,

That is too funny of a warning! Frank Drago is a forum sponsor (search here) and a great person to do business with.

You buy from wherever you fell comfortable. I did my homework and it paid off greatly, I only want to pass this on to the rest of the forum members who are interested in purchasing the same kit.

The proof is in the pudding! Search this tracking number on UPS.com and you will see it came from Hawg Wired to my door in 2 days: 1ZR952Y61267382153.

I do recommend you call Phat Performance as I did and ask about the availability of this kit or a ship date. You will be told, "we don't have it in stock nor a ship date because our distributor doesn't have any as it's currently on back order from the manufacturer." Their distributor is Custom Chrome so if they don't have any neither do several other vendors.

Frank deals directly with Hawg Wired and that's why they drop ship directly to you.

Do a search on this forum and see what others are saying.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

My warning was for My link not yours just so we are on the same page! It's all good. I haven't ordered yet but when I did go to Crutchfield the code still worked so if I had hit submit I'd have gotten it for $99 delivered...just not sure when I want to do this so I pulled back for now. Waiting on tax money and I want to upgrade my shocks too so....

Old 02-20-2012, 01:06 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had the Hawgwired unit for months now, I have the universal one that I got from Dragos at the end of the year, I just haven't decided what head unit I want, been looking at the new Kenwood 596. If I try that code and it works I may go ahead and get it today before it expires, $20 is $20, and right now they have free shipping also.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
pauly3
Tourer

My warning was for My link not yours just so we are on the same page! It's all good. I haven't ordered yet but when I did go to Crutchfield the code still worked so if I had hit submit I'd have gotten it for $99 delivered...just not sure when I want to do this so I pulled back for now. Waiting on tax money and I want to upgrade my shocks too so....
Ok cool all good man! Glad to hear that code is still working. You will be happy with just doing head unit alone. You will get improved sound quality. As far as shocks those things get pricey quick! Good luck with your upgrades!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I've had the Hawgwired unit for months now, I have the universal one that I got from Dragos at the end of the year, I just haven't decided what head unit I want, been looking at the new Kenwood 596. If I try that code and it works I may go ahead and get it today before it expires, $20 is $20, and right now they have free shipping also.
Man you have some serious patience! I couldn't wait that long and not get that bad boy installed.

Hell yea man 20 off you can't beat it!

Good luck!

Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253

That Kenwood 596 sounds like a pretty good deal. Do you know if the biketronics face plate will cover that? When they say it needs an adapter for the steering wheel controls to work, are they talking about the hawg wired or biketronics retro kits or something else is required?

Quick Reply: Sony Head Unit & Hawg Wired Kit Install