Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
medic706
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Michigan

Hello all. I've been secretly hanging around her for some time now. I can't begin to tell you how helpful this forum has been. With a little searching, you can find so much help. I have saved a decent bit of money by learning to do some things for myself. However, you folks have a knack at helping a man spend money. I could never afford to pay someone to do all the modifications that are in my head, but as I read up on things, many modifications seem to be reasonably obtained with my own hands. I thank all of you who contribute to the endless wealth of knowledge I find here. Last spring I traded my '98 Super Glide for a 2011 FLHX 103, and I love it, all except for the sound that comes out of the stock exhaust. With a lot of research, and all the good reviews I've read on here, I've ordered the Jackpot 4" mufflers, their stainless steel head pipe, their Pro Billet AC, and a Power Vision tuner, with their map, of course. I'm currently waiting for the head pipe to get here, as it was a two week wait, but I'm very anxious to get everything installed and experience the difference. Anyways, I figured I better introduce myself now, as I may need some help in the very near future. Again, thanks to all of you who contribute to such a fine forum.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:39 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

That's Exactly how I started and feel, their are a bunch of good Joe's on here ! But now I'm addicted and can't put the lap top down, ****'in the GF off that I don't spent enough time with her. My specialty is wise cracks......Welcome !!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome, from Middlebury, IN (just 7 miles south of the Michigan line). Yes, this a great place to help us all make good informed decisions. Have fun here on the forum and with your Street Glide.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Welcome, also from Michigan! HDForums is indeed a great place to hang out.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 584 Likes on 155 Posts

Another Michigander here. Where do you call home medic?

Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Welcome from Dewitt Michigan.
Looks like you will have a lot of cool items on your bike soon. They say it will be up close to 50 this week, but way to much salt on the roads for me. As for Winter, I don't think it's over yet...Ride safe.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 PM
thevin
Novice

Originally Posted by Northwoodz
Another Michigander here. Where do you call home medic?
West Michigan here........... Spring Lake

How i got started also been here a while just haven't needed to post, just read and search..

Old 02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
skulz1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Coming from another Michigander, welcome to HDForums. Lots of good info here for sure.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:39 PM
funkydrummer
Intermediate

South Lyon MI. here as well. The boards are a GREAT resource for information and opinions...lots of opinions! Lol. Now lets get some 50+ degree days around here and get back to the riding.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Welcome from Dewitt Michigan.
Looks like you will have a lot of cool items on your bike soon. They say it will be up close to 50 this week, but way to much salt on the roads for me. As for Winter, I don't think it's over yet...Ride safe.
Go south, there was some rain last week here, no salt now.

Quick Reply: Hello from Michigan