Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct Harley Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Dragging a forum sponsor through the mud without knowing all the facts is bad form, bordering on "crybaby" tactics. I have never ordered from DHP nor do I have any affiliation at all with the company, but I have a few comments about what has been revealed through a few of these posts.

This company has been in business for a long time and has proven that it "can" deliver and "does" deliver. There are explanations for everything. You want it cheap, you want it fast, and you want it now, you want individual spoon feeding, you want notification, you want tracking, you want to be rubbed and stroked, me, me, me, me, etc.. Really?

I have yet to read of a case where an order was not filled at or beyond expectations. Not one instance.

For those of you that think you are their only customer, maybe you should re-evaluate your "me-myself-and I first" status. And BTW, the world does not rotate around you.

Dan is obviously concerned about some of the comments and is taking measures to improve. Can those of you with the issues please give him and the team at DHP a chance? Isn't that what you would want if you were in Dan's position? What does DHP have to gain if they do not follow-through with orders? Think about it. These are real people bringing us real products at good prices...can't you cut them a little bit of slack for goodness sake? OR should I go ahead and call the waaaam-bu-lance for a couple of you?
Well count me in as a satisfied DHP customer - I have replying to this post in a nuetral manner and I am glad I did - today my second order was fulfilled as nicely as the first - shipped within 2 days of placing order - I'd say that is very satisfactory. Not rubbing it in - just posting so those on the fence about ordering from this company know there are satisfied customers too.

Good luck to those having issues!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Scotty7one7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was never dragging DHP through the mud. I was just curious as to when to expect delivery. That's not a lot to ask.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer

Originally Posted by Scotty7one7
I was never dragging DHP through the mud. I was just curious as to when to expect delivery. That's not a lot to ask.
Oh, so you want to be rubbed and stroked... me, me, me!
JK

Seriously I wish everybody luck with them...
I draw the line when I'm blatantly lied to by a company that just received a good chunk of my hard earned money...

Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a cable kit from them and some poly bushings for my apes. Hopefully they will come late next week.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:18 PM
NC_RIDER
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I called and spoke with Frank on Feb 16 about several things I wanted to order. He suggested that I email him a list of what all I wanted to the address he gave me. I sent an email to him, and also to Eastern Performance and M&M Cycles all in the same day. M&M replied with a price within a couple hours, Eastern replied the next business day. I never heard from Frank, so I went on Direct Harley Parts website and sent a email through their contact page. I have yet to hear from anyone there. I ordered $1800 worth of parts from M&M a couple days later and received it within 2 weeks. There are plenty of companies out there in this economy who really want and appreciate the business....that's where my money goes. I won't go out of my way to shop somewhere that evidently doesn't want my business!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sux I didn't know there was a HDforums discount but the prices were already amazing ah well.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

For me, I searched and found that they offered Progressive shocks cheaper than anyone..So I placed my order..Response was parts would arrive on Saturday...I got them on Wednesday...That was great since I was having a bad day..I got to go play in the garage...So, I got the best price, arrived 3 days ahead of schedule and I got rid of my bad day..I told a friend about them and he ordered his Rineharts from them...So far so good..He seemed happy as well...I will use them again...

Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've ordered a couple of different times with them & my experiences have been ok. Certainly NOT the fastest but the prices were GREAT so it was worth the wait. Eastern was by far the fastest shipping I have received in regards to buying bike parts. If SUPER-FAST shipping is what your after, DHP may not be who you want to use. For GREAT prices I don't think they can be beat. My experience with the customer service I have to say was GREAT! I try to call & NOT rely on emails... JMHO

Last edited by klaybus; 03-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Scotty7one7
Advanced

I was kinda disappointed with them today. I called and spoke to a nice lady. Asked if I could just find out what my order status was. She asked for my order number then said shed check with shipping. 5 mins on hold, she comes back and says she can't find a tracking number and she's not 100% sure if my stuff went out yet. So she tells me she will call me back AND email me with a tracking number when she figured it out today.

Well guess what? NO call or EMAIL. Surprise surprise.

I ordered my stuff (1094 dollars worth) on Friday morning march 2nd. So they are def NOT fast shippers for me. 7 days later and no info on my stuff. Kinda bullshh@t if u ask me. If there was a problem or a back order or whatever, I'd like to know. Unprofessional to say they call me back and not do so.

Frustrated now.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

DHP is in Ca. For me it is fast shipping being in Wa. Fri. Morning order Sat. Tracking number Tues. Parts on door step. I AM NOT knocking Eastern Performance but for me they are slow shipping. Just pointing out location plays with shipping times.

Quick Reply: Direct Harley Parts