Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you wearing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Smokengun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can find a pair, how bout googling "convertible cargo pants for men". Cargo pants that you can zip off part of the pant leg to make em shorts.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&g...w=1280&bih=716

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
OsoFat
Cruiser

In the Summer, I wear Olympia Recon 3 mesh pants. They're made where you can wear anything or nothing under them. And, the bottom half zips off, to make them into cargo shorts, when off the bike. They're kinda pricey, but work great.

Bear

Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
slick10
Road Master

Fox Creek overpants.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Chaps over whatever pants I happen to be wearing in winter, and pants no chaps in summer. Have never worn shorts on a motorcycle and never would. I could wear full body armor to protect myself in an accident but then I wouldn't have any fun riding. I take as many precautions as I feel are necessary (helmet, reflective vest, gloves, boots), but there are some things you just can't prevent. If I die riding, then I die doing what I love best.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've worn Shift Havoc leather/textile pants and I think they are great. There is just enough textile to allow for breathing to keep cool and at the same time are warm when it's cool. They offer great protection being thick leather and they have knee pads.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Firstgear HT 2.0 Overpants, worn with the rain liner in during the winter for warmth and without during the summer. Easy on and off and my jeans stay dry and clean, not the most stylish.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the response'.

First, I never ride wearing shorts or sneakers for that matter.
I do wear chaps but usually during cooler weather and the winter.

I just get a weird visual when you mention wear chaps over my shorts. If the shorts ride up a little and show some thigh, it may look like I am wearing chaps with nothing underneath.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 136 Posts

I have a pair of Frank Thomas pants that have a zip out liner and removable hip/leg armor. They work well in cold and/or wet weather and are comfortable without the liner in warm weather.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:53 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

HD Road Warrior waterproof.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Moto port http://www.motoport.com/. They are one ofbest protection and also the best to deal with range of temps. They custom make gear. There gear is a stretch Kevlar blend which is really strong and highly abrasion resistant. They also have something called air mesh kelvar that is great over 100 degrees ( with a liner you can use year round). I have the street jeans which you actually send your favorite jeans to them and they cut them to your jeans. You can add cargo pants and have they make them baggy. The also have a set that are meant to be over pants. For those you send in a bunch of measurements and they make they to spec.
I am also getting a jacket from them (arriving today) stuff is expensive but from all my research it will last decades. Also since they are custom you can pay for alterations down the road if you gain or lose weight. Advrider has a huge thread on them.

Quick Reply: What are you wearing?