Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turning my Deluxe into a ass draggin bagger

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Very cool and unique. Bravo.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not my cup of tea.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

As long as your happy with the end result it's cool and enjoy it!.

I kind of went through the same thing with my Fatboy before I gave in and sold it to get the Road Glide. I added bags, fairing, hwy pegs at about $ 1500 and then realized it still was never going to be enough of a Touring Bike to make me happy and I was never going to get what I put into it back out. The ride and handling difference between a Softail and a Touring Bike is huge IMO, better lean angle, softer ride and out handles a Softail in the canyons.

Down side is your going to be in it over $ 3000 based on your post, you probably could have got a used Road King or EG for less than that difference in selling your bike and the $ 3,000 and youll never recover what you put into it.

Up side IMO is you will have a "custom" though and that makes it unique. And you can always strip it down for around town and still have a semi "Deluxe"

Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
As long as your happy with the end result it's cool and enjoy it!.

I kind of went through the same thing with my Fatboy before I gave in and sold it to get the Road Glide. I added bags, fairing, hwy pegs at about $ 1500 and then realized it still was never going to be enough of a Touring Bike to make me happy and I was never going to get what I put into it back out. The ride and handling difference between a Softail and a Touring Bike is huge IMO, better lean angle, softer ride and out handles a Softail in the canyons.

Down side is your going to be in it over $ 3000 based on your post, you probably could have got a used Road King or EG for less than that difference in selling your bike and the $ 3,000 and youll never recover what you put into it.

Up side IMO is you will have a "custom" though and that makes it unique. And you can always strip it down for around town and still have a semi "Deluxe"
That was my thought exactly. Extended bags on touring bikes are becoming a dime a dozen, but you dont see many Deluxes or any softails like this. Maybe I'll keep it til its paid for then get a touring bike. For now I'll have the only bike like this in Colorado that Ive ever seen.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. But it'll look better once it's painted and you get a better seat.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I think its gonna be a real head turner. I like it.
Kroozeabout. ps glad its your wallet.. hehe

Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Thedink
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm at same stage as you right now, got all my bad dad bags, fenders mocked up and it's nice to look at it but looks funny with white fenders, black bags and oem tank fairing paint. Keep up the good work. U gomna trim the fender to line up with bags I'll better?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:41 PM
RADLINE
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Way CQQL...
I like it cuz it's different :-P
Great job!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't wait to see pics when it's done. Great start!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thedink
I'm at same stage as you right now, got all my bad dad bags, fenders mocked up and it's nice to look at it but looks funny with white fenders, black bags and oem tank fairing paint. Keep up the good work. U gomna trim the fender to line up with bags I'll better?
Absolutely, I couldnt get the bags down any farther, and if I lift the fender up it sits too far off the oem fender so Im having the painter trim it up. Will have more of a Yaffe shape when done

Quick Reply: turning my Deluxe into a ass draggin bagger