Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped down Electraglide

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stripped down Electraglide

Wife is in the market for a new Touring bike. I have a 2010 SG and she wants a SG as well but not a fan of any of the colors. She works at UPS and the bike gets filthy so having a lighter color is a priority for her.

Saw the 2012 Electraglide today in Silver. She already needs lowering shocks for the front, could get some Take-off SG shocks for the rear and turn the tourpack into a detachable. Reduced reach or a modified C&C will be a requirement too.

Any pics of Stripped down ElectraGlides?

Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Mellow Yellow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2010 limited, basically in the same boat as you. My wife went from a 07 Deluxe to a 08 Road King. Lowered the rear, Mustang rider back rest to push her forward a little and reduced reach Harley Bars. She is 5ft 4in. tall around 120 lbs. Handles it quit well. She is very pleased with her set up, plus it is pretty stout. Now she wants to race every other Harley she gets near. Created a monster. We are planning on having some seat work done to finish it out. Just another option to look at.

Last edited by Mellow Yellow; 02-13-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

2009 EG Classic

add fairing lowers, SG seat, tour pak detached

add SG shocks and brawler seat, change to Road king plate mount ( you can see the detachable kit plate mount in 1st pic)

I'm ok with the saddlebags guards and the front fender bumper etc. I have old bikes, so the design cue is a carryover from the Panheads- and the guards have definitely saved some damage to my bikes

i put the chrome plate surround to continue the horizontal line of the guards across the rear of the bike

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-13-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A SG is basically a stripped down EG, change the seat, since you plan to lower it, put progressive monotubes -2" up front, and SG or Bitching Bagger for the rear, along with a few other mods and your wife should be happy.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:34 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,868 Likes on 22,765 Posts

She may want to consider a Switch Back..
They are a Dyna but have hard bags.
Nice lookin' bikes actually.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsm13
She may want to consider a Switch Back..
They are a Dyna but have hard bags.
Nice lookin' bikes actually.
Looking hard at getting one for my fiance. She actually likes it a lot. Will still have to lower it since she's only 5'2". She's not a fan of the wheels but she has since learned that she's not a fan of any of the stock HD wheels....LOL.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master

I was more or less looking for pics of the bumpers removed etc.. I know what the SG looks like, just trying to picture what the EG would look like with the different wheels etc..

have found a few pics in the forums and looks like bag filler strips are relatively cheap.

Do the bag guards come off and leave the SG style bag support or is that a different part altogether?

She's dead set on the fairing and Silver or White.. That's why I was looking towards the EG with the 2012 color choices. The extra bonus of the tour pack is a plus too.

She can handle my bike just fine. 5'6/120lbs wet and stronger than most women I know from working at UPS for 16 years. Don't know if I could set her on a dyna or softail though. The vibration on the highway is far too annoying!

Last edited by SDVmnt; 02-13-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Here's an 09 stripped down to solo mode,front bumper removed,Limited wheels,and future pics will have bag rails removed.When you remove the bag rails there will be 2 holes in each saddlebag crash guard,if you remove the crash guard you'll need to purchase the Street Glide bag supports.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
2009 EG Classic

add fairing lowers, SG seat, tour pak detached

add SG shocks and brawler seat, change to Road king plate mount ( you can see the detachable kit plate mount in 1st pic)

I'm ok with the saddlebags guards and the front fender bumper etc. I have old bikes, so the design cue is a carryover from the Panheads- and the guards have definitely saved some damage to my bikes

i put the chrome plate surround to continue the horizontal line of the guards across the rear of the bike

mike
This works well and looks good on a solid color. I have seen it tried with a two tone, not so much.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master

Sharp bike Dan!

Quick Reply: Stripped down Electraglide