Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detatch tour pack info needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 AM
jrike
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tour pak

the docking hardware pictured earlier is 09 or newer.the kit u need is roughly 59.00 .u need the two up tourpak docking hardware for your year bike.and detachable mounting rack that attaches to tourpak.backrest of your choice,mount and enjoy.good luck

Old 02-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Glen1978
Road Captain

Ive thought about this too for the wife and no disrespect to the OP. Where is the cheapest place to get said tourpack?? Im also like him and dont want/need lights or anything fancy. Just a box and a backrest. Seen some on eBay for dang cheap but Im sure there like the cheap hard bags on there......junk that will eat up your money when you start trying to prep/paint.

What years fit what or does it matter? Will pre 09 stuff fit 09 and later or vice versa??

Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
I use a detach king tour pack on my 2010 RK... for the long trips, works real nice...

I run exactly the same way with King Tourpak on my '09 RK. I love the ability to pop the Tourpak on or off in seconds.

I don't have lights or speakers, etc so the Tourpak is on/off in seconds. It's awesome when needed for a road trip, but for routine local riding I don't need it on all the time.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 PM
2011_Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Glen1978
Ive thought about this too for the wife and no disrespect to the OP. Where is the cheapest place to get said tourpack?? Im also like him and dont want/need lights or anything fancy. Just a box and a backrest. Seen some on eBay for dang cheap but Im sure there like the cheap hard bags on there......junk that will eat up your money when you start trying to prep/paint.

What years fit what or does it matter? Will pre 09 stuff fit 09 and later or vice versa??
I know that you said eBay might eat up your money. But, there are alot of dealerships on there now-a-days. Check on eBay with coziahr. It is a Harley Davidson dealership that posts on eBay with "take-offs". Alot of the time you can get them cheap and it isn't junk.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM
marvo75
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2011_Glide
I know that you said eBay might eat up your money. But, there are alot of dealerships on there now-a-days. Check on eBay with coziahr. It is a Harley Davidson dealership that posts on eBay with "take-offs". Alot of the time you can get them cheap and it isn't junk.

Hope this helps.
Yeah coziahr HD is forsythe il....they are a great dealersip....

Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Joe2011RoadGlide
Stage I
Question Detachable Tour Pak kit

I purchase the detachable tour pak kit along with the recommended quick release harness for my 2011 Road Glide. Within the package I was sent, was an assortment of parts for various touring models, and the directions weren't as clear as I would like!
I am not sure which set of radio antenna, & CB cables to use? Is there a quick connect for the two antenna cables or do I just change the location from the tour pak to the lower sides of my bike?
What about the speaker cables, I didn't see a quick connect for them. Do I need a defferent set of qucik connect cables?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 PM
2011_Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Joe2011RoadGlide
I purchase the detachable tour pak kit along with the recommended quick release harness for my 2011 Road Glide. Within the package I was sent, was an assortment of parts for various touring models, and the directions weren't as clear as I would like!
I am not sure which set of radio antenna, & CB cables to use? Is there a quick connect for the two antenna cables or do I just change the location from the tour pak to the lower sides of my bike?
What about the speaker cables, I didn't see a quick connect for them. Do I need a defferent set of qucik connect cables?
Honestly, I have no idea about that. I don't have any lights, CB, or antenna on mine. But I will give you a ......Hopefully someone else can speak more on this.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:31 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Take it to a dealer and have them tell you what you need. Get a quote on parts and price and then decide whether you want them to do it or do it yourself. If you do it yourself, you'll have the parts list from his quote; then you can start huntin' for best prices.

Have fun.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe2011RoadGlide
I purchase the detachable tour pak kit (which one; HD offers a couple) along with the recommended quick release harness for my 2011 Road Glide. Within the package I was sent, was an assortment of parts for various touring models, and the directions weren't as clear as I would like!
Just guessing here, but these are probably the instructions for the kit you purchased:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04878.pdf

What part of the instructions are causing you a problem--specifiy par. no. and page?

If you read the instructions, the only disconnect for the speaker pods are to pull the quick disconnects out of the pods and separate them, and then coil the wiring under the seat.

Perhaps you should have the dealer do the installation, and have a tech explain how everything works when installing and removing the tour pak, connecting/disconnecting the speaker pod wiring, AM/FM/WB and CB antennas.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just dropped the hammer on a chopped tour-pak with detachable solo mount. I ordered the contoured luggage rack, backrest pad, the lock kit to match my key and the upgraded hinges. My question is does the tour pak come with the other hardware such as the tether and latches? I am hoping I wont have to buy them separately. Thanks

Quick Reply: Quick detatch tour pack info needed