Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 / 2012 FLTRU Wholesale Price

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012 | 06:38 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by moderndaydrifter
Does anyone know the Motor Company wholesale price for a 2011 or 2012 FLTRU, Road Glide Ultra? I'm looking at buying one in a few weeks and would like to know the best price I can negotiate for. I know I am not wanting to pay the shipping / set up fee. Thanks for your help!
FYI,

I think this is what you are looking for.

I found this on another forum. But prepare yourself for the wholesale prices.
If I can find the actually thread I will post later.

The MoCo is making some dough!

96" Road/Street Glide - around 15K
96" Road/Ultra Classic - around 17k

CVO Road/Street Glide - around 26k
CVO Road/Ultra Classic - around 29k

Ride Safe,

YB

Old 02-13-2012 | 09:58 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

Just remember the dealer does pay shipping costs as well as setting up the bike. As well as overhead, free t-shirt, tank of gas,,,,,

I'm actually surprised that more dealers didn't shut down over the past couple years.

One nearby dealer is pretty respectable and will honer the price if he makes a deal, another even closer dealer will make a deal but when it's time to do paperwork tries to rip you off anywhere he can. You have to be on the ball when closing the deal, if it don't sound right, get up and walk.

Old 02-13-2012 | 06:50 PM
moderndaydrifter
|
Intermediate

I do understand that the dealership has to make some $$ to stay in business, but I also know for a fact that many dealerships have markups in the range of 200% on various items. I recently saw a regular t-shirt at a dealership going for $40. Who the hell has $40 to spend on a t-shirt, don't get me wrong, I have a closet full, but I have recently switched to buying the rediclious $7-12 Dealership sticker vice the $40 t-shirt. I'm almost half tempted to take out a Craigslist ad looking for someone to sell their used FLTRU vice go to a dealership. Yet, I got a pal that wants to buy a new Road King, so we are going to try and get a bulk deal. I just want to go in with all the ammo I can and be like look, I'm a hard worker, I know what you get the bike for, if you want to sell one, here is my price range and I will shop around. I am in no hurry to buy...... Well I am, but at the right price

Old 02-24-2012 | 07:16 PM
moderndaydrifter
|
Intermediate
Question Update on the progress

Ok so in the Pacific Northwest I have thus far gotten a bunch of "we only deal in MSRP" responses and one or two willing to really negotiate. I thought I had one for $23,950OTD with an ipod interface, but the guy balked. It just seems like no one is willing to deal up here, do I need to just call Laidlaw and deal over the phone and fly down there? Any suggestions?