Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide with Lower Fairings ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saguache1
I have the vented lowers and love them. Ready to look for speaker options. On ride to sturgis last year they worked fine not to hot and kept the grasshopers guts off my pants. I tried to attach a couple of pictures they are not great but show the lowers.
I love mine. I don't take them off in the summer. I love the extra storage too. I put the magnetic doors and compartment liners on last year and it made them even more functional. I have no plans on adding speakers cuz I love the storage space

btw...love the painted inner fairing on your bike!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 AM
hdsg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set of lowers from a member here last year. Already in my color-white gold pearl. Have not taken them off since I put them on. I have got to add speakers now. Can someone help me decide which ones to get. I was gonna get the booms cause I already put them in to replace the fairing speakers. I'm pretty happy with them. But I'm wondering if I put them in the lowers if I will hear them over the speakers in the upper fairing since they are closer. Also if anyone has them are you using an amp? Thanks for any help. HDSG

Old 02-14-2012, 02:41 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems everyone has the vented ones. I'm not crazy bout the looks but I do like the looks of the non vented better. Is there a fitment issue with the Non Vented on a '09 FLHRC ?
SC

Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by SunCruise
Seems everyone has the vented ones. I'm not crazy bout the looks but I do like the looks of the non vented better. Is there a fitment issue with the Non Vented on a '09 FLHRC ?
SC
If you'd ever like to create a stereo system on your road king, the vented have more options, but I am sure the non-vented would work.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

My came with the detachable hardware and it looks like the only differance is I don't need tools to install or remove the hardware, comes in handy because I like to remove them when I wash the bike so I can get in between all the little blocked areas. They come off just as easy as the saddle bags. Also no clearance issues with the turn signals. The glove boxes come in handy for refective vests, sun glasses and face masks. I keep mine kinda of full of little things that I like to use so I don't have to get off the bike and open a saddle bag ie chapstick, gum, clearlens glasses for night riding.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
two five
6th Gear

The quality of the Harley lowers is worth the extra cost. Defininetly get the vented ones though.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
dlongo8241
Tourer

I just installed the HD vented ones on my SG, I found it a big pain in the rear to install. I will most likely just keep them on for I think it looks great with them on. I will say when I installd them I thought for sure the plastic would crack when torqued, but it didn't thank god, that would have been a very exspenive boo boo. I use the glove boxes for glasses, face mask and cell phone as well..... well worth the money, HD should have made these standard.......

Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the HD Lowers on my FLHTP last year in February... loved them until the peak of summer hit here in the deep south. I ended up taking them off in late July / early August... put them back on in the fall when it started cooling back down. But I am still glad I have them.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:21 PM
TripleHog
Intermediate

$350 Try this link:
http://www.david-reed.com/vented-fairing-lower.html

Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
TripleHog
Intermediate

$350 - try this link :
http://www.david-reed.com/vented-fairing-lower.html

Quick Reply: Street Glide with Lower Fairings ????