Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide with Lower Fairings ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Fred Garvin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had an Ultra prior to the new SG and I do miss the lowers. Big difference with airflow IMO. Thinking of adding them to the SG with or without the speakers. I would recommend the vented vs the non vented

Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Could I get a pair of these off of an ultra or a road glide and get them to fit on my street glide? I'd love to color match but maybe having a set of black ones would be cool.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I put the HD fairing lowers on my SG last year and love em. I'm not interested in the speaker pods though because i like the locking glove boxes which I installed. (perfect size for a .380 auto) I think the bike looks better with em on. Closing the vents in cold weather makes riding a lot more tolerable. Opening the vents in the summer gives plenty of air flow. I'll never take em off.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

HR53,

Although my scooter is a Road Glide, and I have non vented lowers on, I have NEVER taken them off, even in the hot summer riding season.

Since you plan on going West this summer, they will come in handy. If you decide to add speakers later, you still can take the lowers off and disconnect the speaker wires. And they do cool off your motor with them on. (air induction)

If you decide to take them off, don't waste your hard earn money on the quick disconnect parts. You can just take the reqular parts off just as easy and fast.

HD ones are nice and a orginial fit, check out the forums "for sale" section some were on there, but they do sell quick.

Bonus, foul weather, jeans flapping, going up your leg, boots raising off floorboards are a thing of the past.....

Good Luck and Ride Safe!

YB

Old 02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
My front end has progressive mono tubes and is lowered 2"... No clearance issues at all.
Thanks, I should not have any issues then with 1" lower.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartaman
Yes they are. They only hit the turn signals after a 3/4 turn to either side. However, I can't turn them enough to lock the handle bars.

Any ideas? I tried adjusting the lower fairings more to inside and outside, but it made little difference.
I took some rubber and shimmed the very inside of the lower so it was tilted away from the turn signals and it worked good to clear them even at full turn. I later added the driving light kit and that moved the turn signals up and out away from the lowers. Non issue now.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my lowers,never take them off. Got cvo speaker pods for them at the painters now can't wait to get it all together

Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Milehighturbo
Intermediate

just got some cant wait to try them!!

Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lowers

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
HR53,

Although my scooter is a Road Glide, and I have non vented lowers on, I have NEVER taken them off, even in the hot summer riding season.

Since you plan on going West this summer, they will come in handy. If you decide to add speakers later, you still can take the lowers off and disconnect the speaker wires. And they do cool off your motor with them on. (air induction)

If you decide to take them off, don't waste your hard earn money on the quick disconnect parts. You can just take the reqular parts off just as easy and fast.

HD ones are nice and a orginial fit, check out the forums "for sale" section some were on there, but they do sell quick.

Bonus, foul weather, jeans flapping, going up your leg, boots raising off floorboards are a thing of the past.....

Good Luck and Ride Safe!

YB
Yellowbird pretty much sums it up. I ride an '08 EG Standard Police and a '04 Ultra. In the winter I put "pleather" lowers on the engine guards (HD says never use them when the temp goes above 50 degrees or you get engine overheating. It's true). The factory lowers on my Ultra are fantastic. Year 'round-engine runs cool in the summer, no buffeting, and I can ride in (light) rain without rain pants. I colder weather they provide far better protection from cold air blast than the ones I use on my work bike. I love 'em!!! They look pretty good to, but that's personal preference of course (save your scathing rebuttals, guys. I know what your gonna say.) But It's something HD definitely got right 100%.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Spartaman
Cruiser

I'll check the light placement and try to shim them back a bit. I can't see how lowering would be an issue because they are attached to the non moving part of the main frame and not the part that is affected. They do look great though!

Quick Reply: Street Glide with Lower Fairings ????