Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too much Black, Too much Chrome??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too much Black, Too much Chrome??

I know this is an age old debate here but thought maybe some of you had some pics too help/show off your work. I have a 09 Vivid Black Streetglide thats still a blank canvas for the most part. Nothing looks better than a black bike with lotsa chrome but a properly blacked out bike with some chrome accents is right there with it. Heres my problem, think I might have started out a little off.

Found a good deal on eBay for chrome 4 pt docking setup and a sissy bar for the wife so I bought it. Then I decided I wanted to put some PYO bagger bars on it and found a good deal on a set of 10" black ones so bought them. So now I got black bars/controls/grips/mirrors and chromed out sissy bar and docking station. I think the sissy bar part might have looked better in black. Even then I would think you would have to take off the strut covers/frame covers or whatever they are back there and have them blacked out. Those in the factory chrome with black docking hardware bolted to them might look a little off.

Im not going full on blacked out look. Probably blacked out fork legs/chrome turn signals/brackets and nice chrome 21" front wheel. Just ramblin here, bored at work and figured yall got some $.02 to put in so have at it. Thanks for all the help so far guys, been a lifesaver.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I've got a couple of do dads on her, buy mainly I ride!

Old 02-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Either way I think would look good. Personally I would go the route of mostly blacked out bike then add some chrome for a contrast pop! Give it time some SG guys will show u some sick bikes both ways!

Old 02-11-2012, 04:02 PM
DallasRider
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there such a thing as too much black and chrome? Lots of chrome with black for contrast.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My previously enjoyed FLHRC came with a bunch of chrome doodads the previous owner spent a lot of $$$$ coin on. Some " Live to Ride " stuff that was about the coolest stuff you could put on your bike in the 80s.

After i bought the bike i found out that the ANTI POSER UNCOOL Police had declared them Way UNCOOL AND DORKY !

OH NOoooooOOooo!

Well i think i'll just leave them on till there cool again ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 02-11-2012, 04:05 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts
Old 02-11-2012, 04:18 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I like mixing both

Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Hey Booch...your Glide is drop dead gorgeous.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

I like to mix it up alittle..

Old 02-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

There we go, I like the mix up thing. Dont care for all chrome as I think its overplayed a bit and dont like the EVERYTHING blacked out look. I was just mainly concerned about how I started out with black bars/controls on one end and then chromed out sissybar and 4 pt dock. I also want to put a luggage rack on the dock too and it would have to be chrome also or would look out of place.

Quick Reply: Too much Black, Too much Chrome??