Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelMoto Ceramic Header 8-10 Week Wait

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FuelMoto Ceramic Header 8-10 Week Wait

Just got an email from FuelMoto stating that there is an 8-10 week wait for the ceramic coated headers. So I'm thinking about getting the plain stainles instead (2-3 week wait).

So here is my question, for those that have bought the non-ceramic, do you wish you had waited and bought the ceramic ones?

Is there a big difference between the two? Heat perhaps? Thanks.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:41 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue - but I'm going to wait.

I will put the slip-ons on the stock headpipe for now.

Fuelmoto says heat is considerably different. I don't know that from personal experience however, I've not had a ceramic coated before.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Yeah, I went Fullsac instead for this reason. Ceramic coated outside only, vs inside and out with FM, but I'm sure it will be just fine, I heard good things about the Fullsac product as well. Only got a couple rides in (not bad for Michigan in February!), but it seems like it will work just great.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, they need a new coater. They should hook up with Jet Hot Coatings if they're not already using them although I can't see Jet Hot having that kind of wait time. I always used Jet Hot Coatings on all of my high performance car headers and the coatings were high quality.

You could always buy Jackpot headers and send them to Jet Hot as an option.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

Old 02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
havaglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why wait?Call Fullsack I have steve install a set of his Full sack head pipe recore my exhaust & cams.Dyno'd gained 20hp & 20ftlbs of torque.
Super people @ Full sack!!!!
oh yeah a TTS tuner also.

Last edited by havaglide; 02-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I just got a header, pro touring mufflers, intake and power vision. Im not sure if mine is ceramic coated or not. It made such a huge difference over stock i really don't care. I'm sure there is a difference when you compare ceramic coated vs no ceramic coat but it can't be that big and anything is better than the stock header.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

External coated my FM pipe with Swain Tech White Lightning, interestingly the heat is trapped in the metal with the external only coating. Caused my collector welds to completely seperate, FM assesed it as severe thermal distress, but they made it right. I would wait for the HTC in/out coating or like someone else suggested Jet Hot. If you get it coated somewhere else, ask first if they warranty the work.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought an exhaust (Dragula) from Dragos, the ceramic coating definetly makes a difference.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I waited three months. Take a suggestion... wait for the ceramic coated head pipes!

The temp emanating from the motor and exhaust is WAY down. Bike is running much cooler.

Sure... the Cat is out of the pipe.

One way you can tell is how quickly the head pipes cool off after shut down. Much quicker than stock.

I can feel the heat now moving down the exhaust instead of my lap. That's the ceramic coating in action. Pipes don't absorb much of the heat any longer.

Enjoy your new head pipes!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I went with the plain SS header. I was not willing to wait, nor was I worried all that much about heat. Sure, I am in the south and in the summer here it gets close to 100 with nearly as much humidity each day, but with the SS header, the right side heat issue is gone, totally. I do ride on cooler days, like when temps are between 35 and 55 here in the winter, and the heat from the engine is welcomed. The SS header offers a nice compromise (so far as heat is concerned) for me and I have absolutely no regrets about it not being ceramic coated. I was just not willing to wait for the ceramic, that's all.

Quick Reply: FuelMoto Ceramic Header 8-10 Week Wait