Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelMoto Ceramic Header 8-10 Week Wait

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
It helps keep the heat in the pipe which apparently helps with scavenging. With fuelmoto's 2-1-2 both inside and out are coated, with fullsac only outside.
Thanks! I already bought a Cobra PowerPort head pipe, its not coated, but I also just sent in an order for the 3.5 Dyno tuned Jackpots to Fuel Moto. Without the cat on my bike, I'm currently running a Pro Pipe, and Jamies PCV tune I don't have heat issues anyway.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I believe one major diff between FM and Fullsac is that the FM pipe is stainless steel and Fullsac is a mild steel type pipe? I had my Muzzy ss header pipes from my last Kawasaki ceramic coated in/out and couldn't tell a noticeable diff in heat. That said, not a fair comparison due to it being a lc bike.....

Old 02-12-2012, 04:09 PM
havaglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Ok heres my story, I have had excellent experiences with FM products and services and I will promote them whenever I get a chance. You're right I am the fabricator, and my metalworking experience tells me that the FM materials, construction, workmanship, design, and service is a cut above all others, therefor it is my OPINION that they are worth the wait. Your story is you got a cam, mufflers, intake and a tune, and you want to try and attribute all your 20+ TQ/HP gains to your Fullsac pipe and claim it is a better product.
As a Fabricator you should know these pipes are not rocket science!Never said Fullsack was better and not doubting the quality of Fuelmoto they have a great reputation and i spoke with them when i bought my pipes as well.whether you want to belive it or not i'm sure there is no noticeable difference between the two. Add a cam intake and recored mufflers to either one with a tuner and i seriously doubt(i'd bet money) you would not be able to tell the difference.
Fact remains these are not rocket science and for whatever reasons you listed in defense of Fuelmoto taking 10 weeks (if in fact it is 10 weeks) for delivery is rediculous! If it's the coating company slowing down process you find another coater that is capable of handling the job. Long waits = lost customers period!

Side note This is in no way meant to bash Fuelmoto i have always heard nothing but good and would have no problem running them on any of my bikes.Just stirring the pot here with Fabrk8tr.
By the way post some pics of some of your creations Fabrk8tr.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:08 PM
sportyscoop
Cruiser

Just to add my 0.02 to the thread. I purchased the FM 2-1-2 Stailess header for my 2011 FLTRU to: 1) get rid of that heat produced by the cats, and 2) to increase the flow through the engine for better performance. I was not disappointed on either count. I did not opt for the ceramic coating, and don't know if I missed out on that advantage. But, I road the bike out to Sturgis from CT last summer, and endured temps up to 215 degrees during the daytime without burning up my right boot or leg. I added power, and sound to my stock mufflers. For a bike that looks totally stock, it sounds like one with aftermarket slip-ons. Oh, and one more thing, I have not needed to mess with the ECU at all, if I do anything, I'll get the SE race only tuner module for it.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, they need a new coater. They should hook up with Jet Hot Coatings if they're not already using them although I can't see Jet Hot having that kind of wait time. I always used Jet Hot Coatings on all of my high performance car headers and the coatings were high quality.
Jet Hot quoted me $235.00 to do a set of stock head pipes for my 2005 RK, plus $50 to strip the chrome. Calico Coating did the job for $103.00, took about a week. They also did my Supertrap 2-1, $103.00. Regardless of who you use, I feel the ceramic coating is worth it.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 PM
03 Softail
Cruiser

I have a set of Fuel Motto Stainless Steel headpipes on for a little over 2 years now
and love them. they did help reduce the heat issue, but I suppose the coated one's
would be better yet. What is the cost of the coated headpipes?

I see there' a used set of Fuel Motto headpipes on Ebay for 250.00.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

I could go into all of the reasons we are backordered on Ceramic pipes however simply put, Jackpot head pipes are very complex to manufacture and we do not take any shortcuts, especially considering we offer a lifetime warranty on them. We are working to streamline several processes and hope to have production caught up soon

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by warren888
They seem to be a bit different.

From the picture Fullsac seems to have different diameter tubing welded in sections.

The FM pipe seems to be mostly one diameter pipe with bends.

Am I mistaken?

Also- Fullsac seems dark finish. The FM is silver in color. I know there are heat shields, but you do see some of the pipe around the edges of the heat shield.
I have never seen the other pipe first hand and can only speak for the Jackpot 2/1/2 however there are definitely differences between them. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the other is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry an industry leading Lifetime Warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. Our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use only 5 sections of tubing for the entire pipe instead of many more sections welded together. Our pipe has been tested in many, many applications, we have a wide range of dyno charts on our website and also have many PC-V, Power Vision, and Thundermax calibrations for our systems. We also offer an optional proprietary HTC inner/outer ceramic coating.

Jackpot true merge collector

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I have never seen the other pipe first hand and can only speak for the Jackpot 2/1/2 however there are definitely differences between them. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the other is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry an industry leading Lifetime Warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. Our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use only 5 sections of tubing for the entire pipe instead of many more sections welded together. Our pipe has been tested in many, many applications, we have a wide range of dyno charts on our website and also have many PC-V, Power Vision, and Thundermax calibrations for our systems. We also offer an optional proprietary HTC inner/outer ceramic coating.

Jackpot true merge collector
There you go guys! From the man himself...

Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

I must say,the FM headpipe gets my vote; total quality throughout...

Quick Reply: FuelMoto Ceramic Header 8-10 Week Wait