Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help identify switch on road king

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 05:21 PM
FlaWildChild
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

Originally Posted by dibe
There is a 4 pin deutsch connector under the seat that you can connect an accessory to and that switch will turn it on and off.

I just wired up a USB plug to mine yesterday.
Can someone help me? How do you wire the USB plug. I would like to do this. I just bought a 2003 Road King with 3665 miles on it. I want to be able to connect my phone up to use for navigation and phone, I purchased a SENA communication system.
thank you

Old 02-08-2016, 08:27 PM
BigUglyMan
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by aktid35
I just wired my spot lights to pull power for when you have the brights on. Very useful in the country at night to light up Bambi in the ditch
My bike came with aftermarket driving lights that were connected to...nothing. I'd like to wire them up to this switch and the brights but anything to do with electricity seems to baffle me. I need to see how to do this.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:52 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,600 Likes on 1,138 Posts

Originally Posted by FlaWildChild
Can someone help me? How do you wire the USB plug. I would like to do this. I just bought a 2003 Road King with 3665 miles on it. I want to be able to connect my phone up to use for navigation and phone, I purchased a SENA communication system.
thank you
Hmmm...old post resurrected. This is what I used for my USB stuff https://www.3brpowersports.com/products.php. It's the Panel TAPP-HD towards the bottom. Looks like the universal TAPP-HD is no longer available, but the panel one is similar. You can mount that on a fairing, looks like.

Plugs to that acc. connector under the seat, and is long enough to go to the bars where I charge my phone or power my GPS.