Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king alarm options

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
bulldog896
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road king alarm options

I recently purchased a road king and am looking into different alarms to put on the bike. The bike has the fob ignition kill security on it now but I would like something that would alert me to someone trying to steal bags, windshield or other items off the bike (I work in the hood and bags are a big seller on CL) which would you all recommend? I've seen the Harley plug and play one with pager along with one's from other manufactures.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

many of us add the radio shack $6 siren to our bikes ( rather than the HD siren kit)

check the tip/diy sticky above

saddlebags, replace the pins with speed nuts and wing bolts from ace hardware- $9 of parts

( or you can buy a "security screw" set for much more---except everybody has the bit, or can be turned out with a screwdriver,so not much secure

throw a Honda cover on the bike when it is parked.

I know some guys use the pager thing, but one rider posted the other day about battery problems..

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-09-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
trip59
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bought a Gorilla 8017 for mine when I got the bike... that system is a POS. Got it because it had pager function, but the damn thing never would set up right.

I just added a HD TSSM to my 98 RK last weekend and will be getting the siren and pager. I'm planning to add a switch to kill the siren noise itself, I just want the FM transmitter functionality of it to buzz my pocket and tell me to take the safety off.

Check eBay, I got mine NOS for $100 for the alarm module and install kit, I know you have one, I bring it up as the siren and pager/fob can be had for half the retail price as well.

Other than the security suggestions for bolts above, I've found the best thing is a known presence. Our group (not club, just a familiar crowd at each bar) has someone wander out the door about every time a drink is ordered to give a quick look, or we park in front of the windows. Most shitbags staking out a parking lot would be de-motivated by that much presence.