Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reckless fairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM
trumpking
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reckless fairing

ordered a reckless base model fairing for my road king the other day. its the 6 1/2 speaker model. $350 for the fairing and $50 for shipping. overall for the price its not bad. ordered the speakers, antenna, and splash guard for it already, had a radio to use already. fairing to some tweaking on the mounts to get it to fit the way i liked. ill post some progress pics when i get a chance. i know a lot of people have questions about these fairings so ill post what i can so people can get an opinion about the cheaper models and building one

Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM
bikefxds
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

Wife and I purchased two fairings from Alex at Reckless Cycles. We got the plain Gel Coat unpainted and it looks just fine. Put a coat of Maguiars wax on it and put a coat of Plexis on the windshield. Perfect. Ours has no holes in the inner fairing as we don't need the radio and speakers. No extra sanding or fooling around save maybe an extra washer to shim out the bottom of the mounting hardware. Ran 'em for about 100 miles in the wind and they did exactly what a fairing is supposed to do. Very satisfied. You won't be disappointed. We also got the optional wind wing deflectors and man this unit is great. Alex is super to deal with. You will read some posts about how his stuff is junk or is stolen from Hoppe. Crap! I've had 4 HD baggers with OEM fairings and they were all junk compared to this one. I'm tellin' ya, I read posts from guys who had trouble with Alex at Reckless. Not me man...the whole experience was terrific. Anyone who pays for Dragonfly, Woody's, Hoppe, Dead Center, and the rest of the after market stuff is paying for fluff and not function.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
MIBPreacher
Cruiser

pics please

Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
04 rkcrr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put one on my 04 Rk custom last spring, Hasnt been off yet.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 AM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought mine last summer and love it. It makes a huge difference with the wind and looks awesome. You can't beat it for the $$. Some people here think that if you don't spend top dollar it is junk. I don't doubt for a second that Woody has better overall quality but sometimes "good enough" works just great.

I left mine with the black gelcoat but put a 7" lcd and 6.5" speakers. It sounds ok, looks ok, and makes my Harley grin even wider.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
ellisj1@comcast.net
Intermediate

i just ordered my fairing yesterday for my 06 deluxe. Got just the basic fairing. no speakers or radio. i picked up the ipod radio for 80.00 new. havent decided on what speakers to use. ill am gonna have it painted later this year. i was trading emails with Alex for a while. i ended up talking with Lisa there and she was awesome to deal with!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my 6X9 Reckless fairing !!!!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
ellisj1@comcast.net
Intermediate

i cant wait to get mine! i ordered the 4 5" speaker setup.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I purchased an aftermarket fairing for my King. It's been on the bike for 2 1/2 years with no problems. I wrote a thread as to the rigging and set-up of it and it may be helpful to some of you for rigging your fairing.

Heres a link to the thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...g-fairing.html

Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
ellisj1@comcast.net
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
I purchased an aftermarket fairing for my King. It's been on the bike for 2 1/2 years with no problems. I wrote a thread as to the rigging and set-up of it and it may be helpful to some of you for rigging your fairing.

Heres a link to the thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...g-fairing.html

I saw that! that is an awesome job! very informative and well documented! Thank you! got some great ideas from your thread! i was thinking about just running 3 wires to the fairing (Positive, Ground, and accessory). i know you ran an extra for a tach. i was kinda thinking about a tach and oil temp gauge. not sure i can get that to fit.

Quick Reply: reckless fairing