Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get KPH speedo for Road king 2001

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
jemosand
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get KPH speedo for Road king 2001

I am exporting two road king 2001 model and want to buy KPH speedometers. Where can I get them at a reasonable price?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:15 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

easiest found in a metric country.

metric speedos are not normally sold in the US, try ebay

you may also have concerns with installed mufflers, lighting or signals

check the lighting etc with the destination DOT

mike

Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

67196-99A CALIBRATED MPH/KPH $362 retail. Good luck.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jemosand
I am exporting two road king 2001 model and want to buy KPH speedometers. Where can I get them at a reasonable price?
Hi from the UK and welcome to HDF. Give us a clue! You're on an International forum here, where are you shipping to? Your local Harley dealers should be able to supply (you have the part number now!), but there may be other suppliers.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

From what I've seen most of the speedos Harley-Davidson USA sells are available in both metric and imperial. Here is another one for the 2001. Click on the PDF in the link to find the metric part number.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
jemosand
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Road King KPH speedometer

Originally Posted by grbrown
Hi from the UK and welcome to HDF. Give us a clue! You're on an International forum here, where are you shipping to? Your local Harley dealers should be able to supply (you have the part number now!), but there may be other suppliers.
Hi - I am calling you from New York US. I am trying to get a 2001 Road King KPH Speedo. It is difficult to get it in US. However, you may have MPH in the UK as well?

Best

Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also from the UK, and you are right - also MPH here, but there are a number of members from France, Germany, Benelux and Scandinavia. Also there are loads of US service people based on the continent that do come on here.

Is it not just easiest for all concerned to discount the sale price by the price of a speedo and ship as is - saves the buyer a few pennies on import duty as well...

Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
grbrown
Club Member

We also have mph speedos, but Canada is metric as is the rest of Europe. I know a Dutch source of Harley parts, where I got a combined mph/kph speedo from (for a shovel, believe it or not!) and they may be able to supply, but they won't ship to the USA. However if your customers are in Europe that is a possibility.

Be aware there is no such thing as a reasonable price for such things in my experience! They are jolly expensive. Canada is closest to you, but there are strange things going on even on your patch with shipping stuff across that frontier.

It seems perverse, but you may have better luck in the country you are shipping to.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've bought 4 Harley's from the US and haven't changed a speedo, light, muffler, or anything.... I don't see why anyone would bother but seeing as I'm in Canada you might be exporting to another country that requires this.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member

The reason I took an interest in this thread is that in recent years my wife and I have started travelling in Europe. With an mph speedo in kph country and with speed limits being ever more tightly enforced, I reckon the time is right to do a little more than guess how fast we're going! Also in some countries an imported vehicle will probably be inspected before being allowed on the street, so that may be why jemosand wants to do this.

Quick Reply: Where to get KPH speedo for Road king 2001