Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street/Electra glide fairing on road king?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

My bike started out as an ex police bike, so re-wiring it with a main harness from a fairing bike killed two birds. The first thing was get rid of all the excess police bike crap which I didn't need, and secondly, added connectivity for the fairing sub-harness. Then it was a simple matter of following the service manual for assembly. In fact, unless you decoded the VIN, you wouldn't know my bike didn't come from the factory as a Road Glide.

Why convert instead of trade in? I had a lot of time and parts in my engine, suspension and frame upgrades, I didn't want to start over. The fairing conversion is a simple bolt-on, and by the time you pay taxes and license fees, the cost to swap bikes adds up quickly.

Nice project, I'll be watching your progress.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:57 PM
etihwmi
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at trading in and I have a good friend works at the local dealer I was going to get a great deal on a new 14 street glide with a ton of dealer addons but after it was all said and don't I just couldn't see trading my bike in and still be paying 300 a month for the next 5 years.
So just decided to do the fairing upgrade..
Had a friend with all the parts off a 9k mile 2012 he needed some work done on his car.. Cost me 350 in parts and 6 hrs labor to acquire all the parts from him.. So I made out.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:23 PM
etihwmi
2nd Gear

I probably didn't have to fuse every gauge on its own but was easy to install this way using a fuse panel with ground on it.
Everything works great rode for the first time today.. Am going to order a taller wind screen

Old 11-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Sqr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Successful OEM Fairing Installation

This site has been a tremendous help with all of the prudent batwing modification information.

I have a very low mileage 2007 SERK and felt it was time for change. With the added modification and condition of this bike I felt it was not in my best interest to sell and purchase an alternate bike.

So with my age I felt it was time to get away from the bugs and wind so a fairing was in order. I did try a Dragonfly detachable fairing, but felt it was an add on and never really fit the bill. I must say the paint and fitment where superb however it did not properly scratch "my" itch. It was a great product but just not for me.

So after many hours of manual reading and scanning this board I decided to take the plunge. The plethora of information on this board was outstanding which resulted in a very successful endeavor. The modification consisted of an OEM inner/outer fairing, all of the factory CVO aluminum faced gauges, factory interconnect harness, switches and HD1BT radio. The factory main wiring harness was left intact and is connected by utilizing OEM sockets and pins. This way I can easily revert back to the factory setup at any time.

Very pleased with the outcome and would recommend this project to anybody who want to get away from the punishing wind.

Last edited by Sqr; 11-07-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Sqr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bike is completed.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:20 PM
Jesse Burns
Stage II

Originally Posted by MASSMANN
Would you please email me the directions as to how you did your fairing project? I have an 05 RKC abd just got inner and outer fairings. I just need some guidance before starting.
tieri62@gmail.com

thx
Mike
This post is old but worth a shot. Did you end up getting a fairing on your road king? If so would you share what was needed? Thanks