Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbings ride gear question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006 | 06:31 AM
dgriffith
|
Road Warrior
Default Gerbings ride gear question

I,ve read all the posts on their ride gear. My question is, does it fit the first time or is it late summer before you can get the proper fit on pants and jacket?

Old 12-15-2006 | 07:38 AM
dlh62c
Advanced
Default RE: Gerbings ride gear question

dgriffith
I guess the answer to your question is to drop by a dealer who sells Gerbings and try on a set. The jacket liner needs to fit snug around you. So take the jacket you would wear on your bike with you when you size one up. I have the jacket liner and the G3 gloves. Last winter the G3's were no where to be found. Everyone had them on backorder. I purchased the gloves in September and the liner in October. Well ahead of any cold weather.
daryl

Old 12-15-2006 | 10:33 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior

agree on stoppong by the dealer. Bring the clothes you'd wear with the hearted gear. Just because the liner/vest fits you want to make sure you're comfortable with it under your jacket. same thing with the pant liners.

I found out that you can get the HD heated clothes cheaper (can order the HD online/buy it when the dealre offers a sale) and quicker that the straight Gerbings labeled clothes with the Gerbing labeled clothing you placing orders with the Goldwing/BMS and Sport touring crowd.

I know Gerbing makes you go back to an authorized Gerbing dealer for warranty work. When the controller wen tout on my HD gloveds the local dealer just pulled another one out of inventory for me.

I have the Gerbing glove liners(bought last year from the dealer both at the motorcycle show (the gloves were backordered until May then picked up the HD heated gloves this summer for $75 bought the jacket liner this fall and the pant liner for a christmas gift for the kids to give me.

It certailey extends the season and makes it more enjoyable.

Old 12-15-2006 | 12:15 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

I ordered my stuff directly from Gerbings. You give them precise measurements. That way, you will get a custom fit if you have an odd body shape. I ordered my stuff in eary December and had it in about a week.

Old 12-15-2006 | 12:23 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer

I ordered mine from Gerbings fits great

Old 12-15-2006 | 02:44 PM
dgriffith
|
Road Warrior

Thanks for the info. So far I,ve found only one dealer in southern Indiana, and he has nothing in stock to fit me. so I,ll get measured, when I get home from Alabama.

Old 12-16-2006 | 07:14 AM
dlh62c
Advanced

dgriffith
If my memory serves me correctly. The dealer measured my chest size as 42". He then added 4" to it, to get the snug fit. The arm measurements were at 35" so I purchased the 46/36. I'm not saying you need to do this. I'm just talking about my experence. The Gerbings people and the dealer recommended that you wear just a long sleeve t shirt under the liner. No sweaters or sweat shirts. You want the fit snug, so you can feel the warmth on your arms/back/neck and chest. It really does feel good. I've ridden down to 24 degrees F on the highway with the liner and the gloves. The gloves have some diffculty keeping up because my hands are out in the wind stream. All I have is the standard Road King fairing. It's an expensive investment. But if you really like to ride it's worth it. For the time being I'm using just UnderArmor under my jeans and FieldSheer overpants on my legs.
daryl