Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revolution Performance EMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
classic53
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These responses really have me perplexed now. But I will say this, the reason that I am leaning towards this kind of system is I am tired of either holding on to a old computer with the correct operating system (win 98 or 2000) to be able to communicate to the older SERTs. Right now I can't communicate to the SERT due to windows 7. I have called TTS numerous times to try and alleviate this problem and all their recommendations didn't work! I even tried to "read" the SERT to see if it was able to be upgraded by TTS, but I can't even do that!

So my only alternative is to upgrade the EMS. Now I am looking at this RevPerf Ems that doesn't really require me to maintain an old computer.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by classic53
These responses really have me perplexed now. But I will say this, the reason that I am leaning towards this kind of system is I am tired of either holding on to a old computer with the correct operating system (win 98 or 2000) to be able to communicate to the older SERTs. Right now I can't communicate to the SERT due to windows 7. I have called TTS numerous times to try and alleviate this problem and all their recommendations didn't work! I even tried to "read" the SERT to see if it was able to be upgraded by TTS, but I can't even do that!

So my only alternative is to upgrade the EMS. Now I am looking at this RevPerf Ems that doesn't really require me to maintain an old computer.
Like the old Ronco Oven informercials, Set It & Forget It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
classic53
Tourer

Hey, I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Like the old Ronco Oven informercials, Set It & Forget It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

Been running it for over a year. Bike has never run better and I've used a few different tuners. My only complaint, I can't mess with it (might be a good thing)...Also, this is the third exhaust I've run since installing the EMS and it dialed itself in perfectly each time, another big plus

Old 02-05-2012, 01:35 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Have you removed the CAT from your exhaust system, if not, that's your heat source. All the tuning in the world will not eliminate that. Now if you did, I apologize...
In order to install the EMS on a 2011 bike you need to chnge the headpipe to accomodate the larger 2009 style O2 sensors--so yes...the first thing I did was get rid of the cat.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:43 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by classic53

Why would be maintaining a PC to use a SERT?? Windows XP should be fine--no need to go back to Win2000 or Win98....I'm guessing it is a serial cable SERT--are the comm ports working??. Have you tried running it in Win7 using Windows XP mode??

And if for some reason you can't get the SERT to work, the EMS is not your ONLY alternative. I am using my TTS on a Windows 7 PC and it works fine. My old SERT worked fine on my XP PC 8 years ago.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:47 PM
classic53
Tourer

Here's a FYI for anybody else interested in this product. I sent a message to Dr. V-Twin asking them how much for a forum member. All I can say is the price is awesome!!! It is quite a bit below list price and right now they, revperf, are having a sale on it. Dr. V-Twins price is even less than the sale price. That has made my mind up! My scoot is going to have a Revolution Performance EMS next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more headaches with the SERT!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:54 PM
classic53
Tourer

Originally Posted by mjb765
Why would be maintaining a PC to use a SERT?? Windows XP should be fine--no need to go back to Win2000 or Win98....I'm guessing it is a serial cable SERT--are the comm ports working??. Have you tried running it in Win7 using Windows XP mode??

And if for some reason you can't get the SERT to work, the EMS is not your ONLY alternative. I am using my TTS on a Windows 7 PC and it works fine. My old SERT worked fine on my XP PC 8 years ago.
That is why I am getting away from SERT or TTS. Don't get me wrong, the TTS was the first thing that I looked at. I purchased the USB to serial cable from TTS to try and talk to the SERT, but to no avail. And yes, the serial port is working.

You said something that hit the nail on the head. Your old SERT worked fine on your XP PC 8 years ago. I should not have to upgrade the SERT or whatever just to make changes to it as I change items on the engine. This way, I won't have to worry about now.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by buell95
The guy wanted to hear about the ems from people who are running it not the pc-v
If you're talking to me, I could see your concern if someone was trying to talk the OP into another tuner when he clearly hasn't stated such a desire. OTOH, I mentioned the PCV only very allusively and anecdotally in my post above and obviously with no intent on talking him out of his apparent choice. I don't see where anyone else has violated the spirit of this thread either, and the OP seems to welcome the discussion.

Last edited by iclick; 02-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb765
In order to install the EMS on a 2011 bike you need to chnge the headpipe to accomodate the larger 2009 style O2 sensors--so yes...the first thing I did was get rid of the cat.
Or, he could weld in some 18mm bungs.

Quick Reply: Revolution Performance EMS