Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revolution Performance EMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:06 PM
buell95
Road Warrior
Received 535 Likes on 305 Posts
Default ems

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
That's why it fell off my short list of potential tuners, I called them and you can't get it custom configured either.
The whole purpose of the ems is for people who dont want to tweak.
Its for guys like me who just want to ride.I rode all last year with mine and the bike ran great,

Last edited by buell95; 02-04-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by buell95
The whole purpose of the ems is for people who dont want to tweak.
Its for guys like me who just want to ride.I rode all last year with mine and the bike ran great,

++ on that. A lot of people don't want to mess with a tuner, they only do it because they have to in order for it to work correctly.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
++ on that. A lot of people don't want to mess with a tuner, they only do it because they have to in order for it to work correctly.
I was tempted to suggest that EMS may not be a true tuner since you can't interact with it by adjusting the tune. It's basically a modified stock ECM, and the stocker isn't called a tuner, although its NB O2 sensors don't regulate AFRs across the entire RPM range like the WB sensors on the EMS do. You can't adjust its functions without tuning software or hardware either, but at least you have the option. With EMS there is none.

That said, I understand the niche this product affords and the appeal it has for some, but I wonder what the definition of "work correctly" is. Some want a richer AFR in the cruise range to control cooling better and others want it set leaner for better mileage. Thus even though it seems to work well, I think the "one size fits all" concept will keep the EMS share of the market rather small, especially at the price they're asking. Since it is now assured that the stock ECM can be modified to work with WB O2 sensors, can it be long before PV or some other flash-based tuner provides this functionality by a simple firmware upgrade? The same WB sensors now work on two other DynoJet products (PV and PCV), so the extra hardware is available now.

Last edited by iclick; 02-04-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 PM
buell95
Road Warrior
Received 535 Likes on 305 Posts

The guy wanted to hear about the ems from people who are running it not the pc-v

Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'd suggest.....

you go over and do a search for it at the CVOHarley site. There are a ton of guys running with it and I can't recall one who doesn't think it's awesome.
There's a link to the installation of it and a huge thread regarding it.

CN

Old 02-05-2012, 06:35 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,868 Likes on 22,765 Posts

Ahh what do those CVO guys know?

Other than maybe that we non CVO guys probably could have bought a CVO for as much $$$ as we spent on our current rides??? LOLOL..not really but for many of us, it's a fact..

Hmmmmm..

I like the idea of the Rev. Perf. though and have seen many more positive reviews on it than negative. I will going that way pretty soon myself. Is it flawless, no it probably has to be tweeked some, but not as much as the others I would venture to say..at least by the reviews.

As far as the comment goes about not making them for the newer bikes, well you could find an older ECM that I believe would work with your new bike. That shouldn't be an issue. I think that is how the guys are doing it w/the 11's and 12's.

The Thundermax requires you to take off your existing ECM, and as we know many run that tuner. Their should be an abundance of them.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 02-05-2012, 07:48 AM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '11 CVO Street Glide and went with the EMS and an old ECM to make it work...Had to send it back 3 times because the bike was still running waaaay too hot. Had a TTS on my '10 with the same motor and setup and it ran better. When I questioned them about the fact that the bike was running hot, they told me to send my ECM back to them and they will make some adjustments. Well...if the system truely learns what your particular setup needs to run, then what adjustments are they making? I'll tell you....They are adjusting their base map, but at that point whay can't I adjust it also?? They won't let you! After sending it back several times I decided that it wasn't for me and I am switching over to a TTS this winter. I am sending back my earlier ECM to be flashed back to stock so I can sell it.....but guess what.....the EMS hardware that you add to your bike marries your VIN # and you can't sell it---just like a TTS or a SEPST module.

Their are a lot of positive reviews for the system which is fine, and for the most part the bike does run OK, but I was happier with the TTS.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:00 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb765
I have an '11 CVO Street Glide and went with the EMS and an old ECM to make it work...Had to send it back 3 times because the bike was still running waaaay too hot. Had a TTS on my '10 with the same motor and setup and it ran better. When I questioned them about the fact that the bike was running hot, they told me to send my ECM back to them and they will make some adjustments. Well...if the system truely learns what your particular setup needs to run, then what adjustments are they making? I'll tell you....They are adjusting their base map, but at that point whay can't I adjust it also?? They won't let you! After sending it back several times I decided that it wasn't for me and I am switching over to a TTS this winter. I am sending back my earlier ECM to be flashed back to stock so I can sell it.....but guess what.....the EMS hardware that you add to your bike marries your VIN # and you can't sell it---just like a TTS or a SEPST module.

Their are a lot of positive reviews for the system which is fine, and for the most part the bike does run OK, but I was happier with the TTS.

Have you removed the CAT from your exhaust system, if not, that's your heat source. All the tuning in the world will not eliminate that. Now if you did, I apologize...

Old 02-05-2012, 09:51 AM
looneytune
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one on my 05 Deuce where I had to wire the O2 sensors in. Worked great for me with a D&D Fatcat and PM air cleaner. Only issues I ever had was when it was hot, you had to give it just a tiny bit of throttle just to make sure it wouldnt cough through the air cleaner. Cold starts required a minute or so of warm up time, otherwise it might hesistate, but it would only hesistate once and never do it again after it was warm. These problems only happened a handful of times during the whole season. I was totally satisfied with the performance.

Last edited by looneytune; 02-05-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Revolution Performance EMS