Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012 | 01:26 AM
mike5511
|
Elite HDF Member
Default MGS True Duals

I have checked four other HD forums for information on MGS exhaust and found nothing! Not really a big surprise. Counting on this forum for more info on these. There are a few threads here, but not a lot of information. Apparently not enough people have bought these yet. So here goes another new thread hoping to find out more!

Attached Thumbnails MGS True Duals-pipes.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012 | 06:48 AM
crawlerman
Advanced

im interested to

Old 02-04-2012 | 08:24 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

These are supposed to be great exhaust. I know Russ at Colbochs really likes them as well.

Old 02-04-2012 | 10:44 AM
ocezam
Road Master

Two issues I would look for with any header system:

1. Will they take regular slip ons? Some Headers are different length and/or diameter and your stuck with the mufflers that came with the system. What if you don't like them, immediately or down the road?

2. Are they ceramic coated inside and out? This helps tremendously with heat burning you up in the summer.

That is a sharp looking exhaust!

Old 02-04-2012 | 03:12 PM
mike5511
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ocezam
Two issues I would look for with any header system:

1. Will they take regular slip ons? Some Headers are different length and/or diameter and your stuck with the mufflers that came with the system. What if you don't like them, immediately or down the road?

2. Are they ceramic coated inside and out? This helps tremendously with heat burning you up in the summer.

That is a sharp looking exhaust!
Good questions......maybe the folks at MGS will jump in here and give us an answer.

Old 02-04-2012 | 05:07 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mike5511
Good questions......maybe the folks at MGS will jump in here and give us an answer.
Great questions guys. Here is an explanation of how we make our system:
Our True Dual system is a stepped header with increasing ratios as a result of extensive research and development with countless dyno runs. That coupled with our unique muffler and baffle design is a big part of how we have managed to achieve our industry leading power gains. Our system has been designed on a dyno with power in mind. We do offer a slip-on as well with the standard 1 and 7/8" diameter, but they are not interchangeable with the True Dual system. We see no reason why anyone wouldn't be satisfied with the muffler that comes with the system, as the sound and performance of the MGS True Dual system is usually why people like them in the first place.

2. Our pipes are not ceramic coated on the inside as we approached the heat problem a different way. What we do is take it a step further than anyone else. We actually polish the whole system like its going to be chromed, then we put a ceramic primer first that is baked to 700 degrees. Then the black ceramic coating is put on top of the primer and baked again to 700 degrees. What this does is two-fold, it greatly reduces the heat and also greatly reduces the probability of scratches, which keeps the pipes looking newer longer. What else we'd like to point out is the fact that not only do we ceramic coat the heat shields (like everyone else does) but we also ceramic coat the head pipe, which in our opinion is the whole purpose of a ceramic coated exhaust. Our mufflers are designed in such a way that where the muffler meets the pipe they are heat treated and protect against heat-transfer and discoloration. While I'm on the discoloration subject, most people have experienced this undesirable effect in one way or another. We designed every step of our exhaust systems to be protected from this. For example, most other systems make their tips anodized, which is code-word for 'purple'. Our exhaust tips our teflon coated and will not discolor. It's a more expensive process, but something we feel is important as we will only offer quality products. Our whole system costs substantially more to produce than most of the competition, but again we feel it will pay off in the long run when the riders who install them are 100% satisfied with every facet of our products.

Old 02-05-2012 | 02:46 AM
mike5511
|
Elite HDF Member

Thank you very much Mr. MGS! This exhaust system appears to be about what I'm looking for. Now if we can get some testimonials from some members here this could turn into a very informative thread! Or, if you need somebody here to do a real world test and post all their findings, I'll be glad to volunteer!!!

How much louder than a stock system are they?

Old 02-05-2012 | 11:18 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior

Nice looking and sounding setup. If I ever go with TDs, these would be an option.

Old 02-09-2012 | 08:03 AM
thebathook
Stage I

Edited by Admin

Old 02-09-2012 | 06:03 PM
topdog45
Intermediate

I have the Mgs true duals and I like them. they sound good with my fuel moto 107

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals