Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012 | 06:51 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by D-9 OPERATOR
Are there different baffle choices like high flow louvered baffles?
We have different options available to suit every need. The standard baffle offers maximum power gains with a moderate sound level, loud when you're on it and quieter when you back off the throttle, like when you're cruising at 65 or 70 on the highway. We also offer a baffle design that basically cuts some of the louvered area out and replaces it with straight pipe. This doesn't affect power and is ear drum busting loud. We also have a super quiet design in development that is just slightly louder than stock for those preferring a quieter ride, but want more power. The baffles are easily replaceable, so switching them out is no big deal. Hope that answers your question.

Old 04-25-2012 | 06:59 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Anyone have any sound clips? I really want the "potato potato" sound.

Old 04-25-2012 | 07:02 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mike5511
If you already have a spacer kit like Soos or Harley Goodies, do you need to use the supplied kit?

I been busy and haven't followed up on this, frankly I forgot I posted it. But I haven't found any other satisfactory solution to what I'm looking for. I'm still very interested in giving these a try. Honestly, I'm ready to quit thinking about exhaust! Need to find something that doesn't hurt performance and isn't too loud and be done with it!

Would like to see more feed back like drive2live2ride posted. Excellent post! If you, drive2live2ride, ride over east of you a little let me know, I would like to hear those pipes and check them out.
I've been busy too and forgot about this post. I just happened to stumble upon it. Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't think any of those other spacer kits will work with our pipes, but they install real easy and come included with the system. What you are describing sounds just like our pipes, I think you will be very happy with the sound. Performance is increased and the sound isn't too loud. Deep, aggressive and powerful sounding. Feel free to give us a call at the shop, we'd be happy to discuss with you. 661-951-9878 Enjoy the ride.

Old 04-25-2012 | 07:30 PM
JHC210
Club Member

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
Great questions guys. Here is an explanation of how we make our system:
Our True Dual system is a stepped header with increasing ratios as a result of extensive research and development with countless dyno runs. That coupled with our unique muffler and baffle design is a big part of how we have managed to achieve our industry leading power gains. Our system has been designed on a dyno with power in mind. We do offer a slip-on as well with the standard 1 and 7/8" diameter, but they are not interchangeable with the True Dual system. We see no reason why anyone wouldn't be satisfied with the muffler that comes with the system, as the sound and performance of the MGS True Dual system is usually why people like them in the first place.

2. Our pipes are not ceramic coated on the inside as we approached the heat problem a different way. What we do is take it a step further than anyone else. We actually polish the whole system like its going to be chromed, then we put a ceramic primer first that is baked to 700 degrees. Then the black ceramic coating is put on top of the primer and baked again to 700 degrees. What this does is two-fold, it greatly reduces the heat and also greatly reduces the probability of scratches, which keeps the pipes looking newer longer. What else we'd like to point out is the fact that not only do we ceramic coat the heat shields (like everyone else does) but we also ceramic coat the head pipe, which in our opinion is the whole purpose of a ceramic coated exhaust. Our mufflers are designed in such a way that where the muffler meets the pipe they are heat treated and protect against heat-transfer and discoloration. While I'm on the discoloration subject, most people have experienced this undesirable effect in one way or another. We designed every step of our exhaust systems to be protected from this. For example, most other systems make their tips anodized, which is code-word for 'purple'. Our exhaust tips our teflon coated and will not discolor. It's a more expensive process, but something we feel is important as we will only offer quality products. Our whole system costs substantially more to produce than most of the competition, but again we feel it will pay off in the long run when the riders who install them are 100% satisfied with every facet of our products.
I am interested in you TD set up but have a few questions; your web site shows the chrome TDs with slip ons, are the chrome "ceramic" treated? Trying to understand the difference between the black ceramic TDs and the chrome TDs. Also, what is your ship time? I just installed the 2-1-2 xpipe from FuelMoto and a little disappointed in the sound.

Old 05-03-2012 | 10:57 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JHC210
I am interested in you TD set up but have a few questions; your web site shows the chrome TDs with slip ons, are the chrome "ceramic" treated? Trying to understand the difference between the black ceramic TDs and the chrome TDs. Also, what is your ship time? I just installed the 2-1-2 xpipe from FuelMoto and a little disappointed in the sound.
To answer your question: no, the chrome sets are not ceramic treated. The chrome layers on both the pipes and the heat shield do a pretty good job of fighting the heat, although not as good as the ceramic. The way the pipes are routed on the bike and the coatings they get, heat isn't normally a complaint with our systems. Keep in mind, a good tune can fix a heat problem with stock pipes or other brands as well. If the bike is running with the correct air/fuel ratios, heat is greatly reduced. Ship time is anything form next day to about 7 on the high end. Most people get them within 3 days. Enjoy the ride.

Old 06-14-2012 | 12:15 AM
gfourn64
6th Gear

do they sell just the head pipes as i already dished out for thunder header slips

Old 07-04-2012 | 12:21 AM
WireDawg77
Cruiser

Thank you everyone for the awesome thread. Question for MGS: Do your True Duals come with a warranty of any kind?

Old 07-04-2012 | 12:37 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

One year warranty.

Old 07-04-2012 | 12:37 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Head pipes will be available later this year.

Old 07-04-2012 | 09:06 AM
whynotf75
Tourer

MGS I just bought a 12 SG and I am saving up to get ur stage 1 system with the black pipes. How much is this ? and I only have 60 miles on the bike now,How soon can I put these on? do I have to have 500-1000 miles before and with the breather be black instead of the chrome? thanks
mike

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals