Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015 | 09:54 AM
Dthor50
Advanced

I recently installed these pipes on my bike and had read in a post about using the SE Exhaust gaskets and double stacking them. Thats what I did and have not had any issues.

I also put the oxygen sensors back into the pipes. I had to reroute the rear cylinder O2 sensor though.

Old 03-16-2015 | 07:54 PM
Shootemdownace
Advanced

Alright guys.... Its done. Called and left a message at MGS and Mike called back in less than 5 minutes. These guys are a class act in my opinion. All I can say is Oh MY GOD! I love the sound and all the extra juice. It woke it up that's for sure! What a deep throaty sound it has.... oh yeah... and when you crack the throttle it wakes up. The pipes were so polished I'm not even sure why they send the heat shields LOL. I ended up using the cone shaped which was correct with the kit. Mike said they find their happy place better. I only had a chance to run it around the block 5 miles or a little less but my wife said she could hear it almost the entire time (of course I was on the throttle the entire time). I can see why gas mileage is going to be worthless.... I will be constantly cracking it open just to hear it! I had V&H on my 05 which were very good pipes but after throwing these on with the breather and PC5 I wouldn't buy anything else. I did not know the 103 had it in her... It does seem to run a little rich from the smell but I am hoping that will calm down with some miles. I will just say it does not take long to get up to speed or a little over speed hahaha. Cams are next years project... I am going to enjoy the bolt on power that I got from MGS. Good job guys! I would recommend this kit to anyone. Cant beat it for plug and play. Thanks Mike.

Old 03-17-2015 | 12:32 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shootemdownace
Alright guys.... Its done. Called and left a message at MGS and Mike called back in less than 5 minutes. These guys are a class act in my opinion. All I can say is Oh MY GOD! I love the sound and all the extra juice. It woke it up that's for sure! What a deep throaty sound it has.... oh yeah... and when you crack the throttle it wakes up. The pipes were so polished I'm not even sure why they send the heat shields LOL. I ended up using the cone shaped which was correct with the kit. Mike said they find their happy place better. I only had a chance to run it around the block 5 miles or a little less but my wife said she could hear it almost the entire time (of course I was on the throttle the entire time). I can see why gas mileage is going to be worthless.... I will be constantly cracking it open just to hear it! I had V&H on my 05 which were very good pipes but after throwing these on with the breather and PC5 I wouldn't buy anything else. I did not know the 103 had it in her... It does seem to run a little rich from the smell but I am hoping that will calm down with some miles. I will just say it does not take long to get up to speed or a little over speed hahaha. Cams are next years project... I am going to enjoy the bolt on power that I got from MGS. Good job guys! I would recommend this kit to anyone. Cant beat it for plug and play. Thanks Mike.

Anytime Bud! It is customers like you that keep us going! Thanks for the kind words!

Old 03-17-2015 | 05:15 PM
johnnynitro
Cruiser

I bought a set of SlipOn's from them around the holidays Living in Hollywood I just drove to their shop ! Very nice guys their !! Nice shop too! The Mufflers look outstanding Great chrome Sound awesome ! My bike runs very good I had put in a cam (SE204) And a PC5 in at the same time I still need to get it Dynoed I might take it to MGS for this ?? All in all a GREAT product with a great price ! The only thing some might say is that Their a little on the loud side !

Old 03-17-2015 | 06:17 PM
glide2005
Supporter

I had my bike dynoed with decatted stock head pipes and American custom slip ons. It did a lot better than I expected. Then changed to MSG true duals with the same slip-ons and lost a little tq, do to the straight bore AC slip-ons. Oh! after the dyno, the best MPG were about 36 to 37 mpg. At 96 hp I didn't think was that bad. Last week a friend of mine had a set of 4" monster rounds by VH for sale at don't pass up price, so I didn't. Now with the MSG and VH MR's 41 mpg. I'm a happy camper now. And they sound great with the MSG's to the point that my friend said if they had sounded that good on his bike, they wouldn't have come off. Now I need a retune to get the Tq up. The stock pipes killed it.

Old 03-18-2015 | 06:26 PM
Shootemdownace
Advanced

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
Anytime Bud! It is customers like you that keep us going! Thanks for the kind words!

My buddy is buying the same set up for his 05 this spring. Got you guys one sale at least!! LOL Keep it up!

D